Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: HBO GO video choppy and out of sync after 4.2.2 update.

I'm not ditching android over hbo. I am ditching android over the ****ty support all over the place.
    At this point, my windows tablet is better and faster at everything, and i have the budget atom based asus vivo tab.
    I wonder what the i5s and i7 tablets feel like.

Anyway... I bought the nexus for entertainment, if i can't get it here, I'll sell it. Simple as that.

And devlyn, your comparison makes no sense... I cant live without my house, but i can trade my car in anytime if I feel that the service from the authorized dealers or the navigation sucks for example.
    The nexus cost me 499... As of today, it is for sale for 400 with a magnetic case + lifetime ghost armor + 3 year warranty from walmart that i don't know if it is transferable, but whoever buys it can keep my number and ill claim warranty if needed.

If anyone wants it, feel free to contact me via inbox. (400 is non-negotiable btw - for less than that, ill give it to my 2 year old)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Pina View Post
    I'm not ditching android over hbo. I am ditching android over the ****ty support all over the place.
    Well I would have no way of knowing you consider there to be other problems with support as every post you have made is in threads about HBO.

I have no problems with any services or support. If you're happier with a windows tablet, great! I hope whoever buys your tab enjoys it as much as I enjoy mine.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

ROM
    Stock

Exact same thing happening on DirecTV app, only after 4.2.2 update. Starting to sound like an OS issue when its happening with one specific update to a similar feature on multiple apps.

Quote Originally Posted by fooldog01 View Post
    Exact same thing happening on DirecTV app, only after 4.2.2 update. Starting to sound like an OS issue when its happening with one specific update to a similar feature on multiple apps.
    OBviously this is NOT an OS issue as Youtube and Netflix run fine.

You may want to expand your understaning of how OS updates work. The OS is updated, if it changes something then the app developers would need to make adjustments to their apps to match the changes.The OS does not "change to make the apps work".
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012

I can't believe this issue hasn't been resolved. I STILL haven't downloaded the newest update.

My hbo subscription did end this past week, so I may install the update soon.

If anyone has a precious working version, please share it with me. I haven't been able to use my nexus 10 hbo go app in months.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Yeah. Same issue with my n10 and the HBO go app....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I wished I checked here first. I just bought an hdmi cable so I could watch Game of Thrones on my big screen. The choppiness and audio sync issues make it useless.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb33 View Post
    I wished I checked here first. I just bought an hdmi cable so I could watch Game of Thrones on my big screen. The choppiness and audio sync issues make it useless.
    Yeah. Considering that it has been over 4 months since the first post on this thread complaining about the choppiness, I don't have much hope that it will get fixed...

Does, anyone have 4.2.2 on their phone? Has anyone encountered the choppiness on there? It might not be a specific 4.2.2 issue but maybe some hardware incompatibility issue the Nexus 10...

Quote Originally Posted by meson2000 View Post
    Yeah. Considering that it has been over 4 months since the first post on this thread complaining about the choppiness, I don't have much hope that it will get fixed...

Does, anyone have 4.2.2 on their phone? Has anyone encountered the choppiness on there? It might not be a specific 4.2.2 issue but maybe some hardware incompatibility issue the Nexus 10...
    I believe it's an issue with 4.2.2, doubt it's a hardware issue. Besides other video streaming apps such as Netflix work without issue. Directv streaming app has same issue as HBO app and both these apps worked fine prior to the 4.2.2 release. Time for Directv and HBO developers to wake the F up and resolve this.

Same problem. Worst download from Google play I have ever had.

Interestingly enough, the Starz app works well. For HBO Go and DirecTV, I've been forced to use my iPad 3 (which I would otherwise sell).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

And I'm still using the older software because of this issue.....

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    OBviously this is NOT an OS issue as Youtube and Netflix run fine.

You may want to expand your understaning of how OS updates work. The OS is updated, if it changes something then the app developers would need to make adjustments to their apps to match the changes.The OS does not "change to make the apps work".

Alright, let me rephrase. Its starting to sound like the problem is tied directly to the OS update. I don't care who needs to fix it but its happening with two different streaming apps and only after the 4.2.2 update. Obviously the protocol/codec/whatever these two apps use isn't jiving with 4.2.2 for whatever reason. I just wish someone would fix it.

Just got a Nexus 10 yesterday and really wish I would have found this thread first. Very disappointed to find the choppy / erratic behavior of this app. It just happened to be the first app we tried so hopefully it's a much better experience from here on out. Tried it on my Galaxy S3 and it runs fine there. Hopefully this is resolved at some point (I feel for you folks who have been dealing with this for months as it is already driving me crazy after less than 24 hours) and isn't a representation of support for other apps on this device.

New HBO Go version released a little while ago. Seems to fix the problem...

FINALLY....they fixed it. Just downloaded the update and it works.

Yep, it's working now. Just need Directv to get off their high horse and fix theirs.

Woo-hoo
    Only took 6 months

HBO GO
    Home Box Office Inc.
    - July 23, 2013

which means KLP wil be relased in 31 minutes and promptly break the App
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012

Its twew! Its twew!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Hehehehehehe... JB4.3 should be announced today...

Who will be the first one to try and see if HBO GO craps out again?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Pina View Post
    Hehehehehehe... JB4.3 should be announced today...

Who will be the first one to try and see if HBO GO craps out again?
    Definitely not me. Will wait at least a month before updating my device to make sure i know what bugs if any exists.

I flashed 4.3 (clean wipe) and now HBO GO is not compatible with Nexus 10, the play store won't allow me to install it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HBO GO video choppy and out of sync after 4.2.2 update.-hbo-go-android-apps-google-play.jpg  

So noone knows if itworks, just that HBO didn't resset its permissions. Is it blocked on any other 4.3 enabled devices or just the N10?

Side note:Send emails to the Devs to let them know aboutthe probnlesm so they can fix it: contacthbogomobile@hbo.com
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast