HBO GO video choppy and out of sync after 4.2.2 update.

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I wrote yet a 6th email regarding this issue to hbo. They responded with the same lame answer "we know of the issue and are looking into resolving it"

Yea... F*ck you too

Tiago Pina

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I see your point guys, but this is not any developer... This is a household.
Take Apple for example... Now I do not like Apple's practices, but the developers run to fix problems with Apple products as soon as they happen.
When IOS6 was released, HBOGO and Hulu had problems... Within a week and a half, it was fixed. (I Know that because my wife has an ipad and she keeps making fun of me - That Beyotch).
Anyway, My deadline is 05/15/2013... IF it's not fixed by then, Good Bye Nexus10 and Android. I hardly use it since I got the Win8 tablet anyway.

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
As sad as it is, I think I'm in the same boat.

I haven't had an apple product since the 3gs.. But my sister, father and brother in law have an ipad and it makes me sick with how great the support is on it.

As long as I can watch my movies (play avi, mp4, etc) I think I'll be ok.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Ditching Android because HBO has problems is like selling your house because your plumber can't fix a leaky toilet.

Tiago Pina

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not ditching android over hbo. I am ditching android over the ****ty support all over the place.
At this point, my windows tablet is better and faster at everything, and i have the budget atom based asus vivo tab.
I wonder what the i5s and i7 tablets feel like.

Anyway... I bought the nexus for entertainment, if i can't get it here, I'll sell it. Simple as that.

And devlyn, your comparison makes no sense... I cant live without my house, but i can trade my car in anytime if I feel that the service from the authorized dealers or the navigation sucks for example.
The nexus cost me 499... As of today, it is for sale for 400 with a magnetic case + lifetime ghost armor + 3 year warranty from walmart that i don't know if it is transferable, but whoever buys it can keep my number and ill claim warranty if needed.

If anyone wants it, feel free to contact me via inbox. (400 is non-negotiable btw - for less than that, ill give it to my 2 year old)

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not ditching android over hbo. I am ditching android over the ****ty support all over the place.

Well I would have no way of knowing you consider there to be other problems with support as every post you have made is in threads about HBO.

I have no problems with any services or support. If you're happier with a windows tablet, great! I hope whoever buys your tab enjoys it as much as I enjoy mine.

fooldog01

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Exact same thing happening on DirecTV app, only after 4.2.2 update. Starting to sound like an OS issue when its happening with one specific update to a similar feature on multiple apps.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Exact same thing happening on DirecTV app, only after 4.2.2 update. Starting to sound like an OS issue when its happening with one specific update to a similar feature on multiple apps.

OBviously this is NOT an OS issue as Youtube and Netflix run fine.

You may want to expand your understaning of how OS updates work. The OS is updated, if it changes something then the app developers would need to make adjustments to their apps to match the changes.The OS does not "change to make the apps work".

Heelsandeers

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe this issue hasn't been resolved. I STILL haven't downloaded the newest update.

My hbo subscription did end this past week, so I may install the update soon.

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If anyone has a precious working version, please share it with me. I haven't been able to use my nexus 10 hbo go app in months.

mikeb33

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I wished I checked here first. I just bought an hdmi cable so I could watch Game of Thrones on my big screen. The choppiness and audio sync issues make it useless.

meson2000

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I wished I checked here first. I just bought an hdmi cable so I could watch Game of Thrones on my big screen. The choppiness and audio sync issues make it useless.

Yeah. Considering that it has been over 4 months since the first post on this thread complaining about the choppiness, I don't have much hope that it will get fixed...

Does, anyone have 4.2.2 on their phone? Has anyone encountered the choppiness on there? It might not be a specific 4.2.2 issue but maybe some hardware incompatibility issue the Nexus 10...

ynavti

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. Considering that it has been over 4 months since the first post on this thread complaining about the choppiness, I don't have much hope that it will get fixed...

Does, anyone have 4.2.2 on their phone? Has anyone encountered the choppiness on there? It might not be a specific 4.2.2 issue but maybe some hardware incompatibility issue the Nexus 10...

I believe it's an issue with 4.2.2, doubt it's a hardware issue. Besides other video streaming apps such as Netflix work without issue. Directv streaming app has same issue as HBO app and both these apps worked fine prior to the 4.2.2 release. Time for Directv and HBO developers to wake the F up and resolve this.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly enough, the Starz app works well. For HBO Go and DirecTV, I've been forced to use my iPad 3 (which I would otherwise sell).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fooldog01

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
OBviously this is NOT an OS issue as Youtube and Netflix run fine.

You may want to expand your understaning of how OS updates work. The OS is updated, if it changes something then the app developers would need to make adjustments to their apps to match the changes.The OS does not "change to make the apps work".

Alright, let me rephrase. Its starting to sound like the problem is tied directly to the OS update. I don't care who needs to fix it but its happening with two different streaming apps and only after the 4.2.2 update. Obviously the protocol/codec/whatever these two apps use isn't jiving with 4.2.2 for whatever reason. I just wish someone would fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

richb1979

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Just got a Nexus 10 yesterday and really wish I would have found this thread first. Very disappointed to find the choppy / erratic behavior of this app. It just happened to be the first app we tried so hopefully it's a much better experience from here on out. Tried it on my Galaxy S3 and it runs fine there. Hopefully this is resolved at some point (I feel for you folks who have been dealing with this for months as it is already driving me crazy after less than 24 hours) and isn't a representation of support for other apps on this device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781