HBO GO video choppy and out of sync after 4.2.2 update.

Tiago Pina

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I received the 4.2.2 update on my tablet and after that, everything is working normally, but HBO GO is choppy.

Funny thing is, it gets choppy when the image goes HD.

I tried it at work with a down speed of over 300mbps and up speed of over 100Mbsp, Tried it at home with 75/25mbps down/up... Nothing.
Uninstalled HBO GO, installed again. Same thing.
Uninstalled HBO GO, Reboot, Installed HBO GO, Reboot. Same thing.

I don't know what to do... Everything was perfect until the 4.2.2 update...

Is there anything else that I can do?:'(

Heelsandeers

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Crap. I was just about to do the update but decided to get on here first to see if there were any issues. I use hbo go daily. I may have to avoid the update until there's a fix. I'm hoping it doesn't just update by itself...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

ynavti

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be a general streaming issue after this upgrade. I have issues with Directv App live streaming which was working flawlessly prior to the upgrade. Now the video stutters and audio is out of sync. Need an upgrade for the upgrade to fix this mess and they should make it easy to go back to previous software install for situations like this.

Tiago Pina

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I agree... I already sent an angry email to google about this. HBO sent me a notification advising that there's a know problem with Android 4.2.2 and that they're working on fixing it...
Wonder how long it will take.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I just tried mine. I got sucked into a movie, and the frame rate and syncing was terrible. I'm actually surprised I sat through the whole thing.

BTW I tried turning on and off all the developer settings to see if that would make a difference. None of which help.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

FormerIphoney

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I received a second email back from hbo yesterday saying that they have been working on a fix.

I was told to un install and reinstall the app and report back to them.
Did that... No difference. Another angry email sent back to hbo

Rizz67

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Can also verify hbo go extremely choppy for me. Regarding apps, my citrix receiver is also having issues. Connecting with sgsiii has no problems.

Heelsandeers

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting to update because of this. Thankfully, I have never been plagued with the crashing/rebooting problems so many others have. My N10 works about flawlessly as is, which is the only reason I don't mind waiting to update.

Tiago Pina

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
This is such a steaming juicy pile of BS from hbo and google. HBO for having the worst tech team ever and google for not making sure that house hold names are fully supported and for not putting pressure for a fix.
It's been months now and i am seriously considering selling the nexus 10 and keeping the windows tablet. HboGo . com works from the website there.
What a major disappointment.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I really don't see this as a Google problem, I see it as an HBO problem. Google updated their OS to fix bugs, etc. What they FIXED in some way caused HBO's app to go wonky. Then it is HBO's responsibility to update the App, not Google's responsibility to roll back the update or in some way to pressure another company as though that would sepeed things along.

HBO, through their actions, have made it clear they are a subscription Cable Television service FIRST, any other services will be treated like the money pits they are.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This is such a steaming juicy pile of BS from hbo and google. HBO for having the worst tech team ever and google for not making sure that house hold names are fully supported and for not putting pressure for a fix.
It's been months now and i am seriously considering selling the nexus 10 and keeping the windows tablet. HboGo . com works from the website there.
What a major disappointment.
how is this google problem? even iOS with less fragmentation has this problem.
these upgrade problems are not only with mobile OS its true with any OS.

they can go to all the thousands of developers every time they update the app. thats just silly and stupidity.
on the other hand blaming HBO that i would agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith