4.2.2 did not fix ALL crashes on the Nexus 10

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Google really lost it on the Nexus 10 and 7. The update made no difference. I hard reset the device(s). I've been through 8 Nexus 10s and 2 Nexus 7s. The Nexus 10s crash constantly. Before the update, they rebooted in about 12 seconds. Now, they take about 3 minutes. I guess about 10 crashes per day. The area around the cameras gets very hot, and they freeze or reboot. Battery shows a blank space on the timeline. Google's pre-installed crap is all I have on it, now, but these are the most useless, buggy apps around. Chrome in particular. I made things better by disabling currents. A real shame. A 32gb tablet I can't do anything with. As for the Nexus 7s, they take about an hour after boot to be usable, apps take more than 40 minutes to install, the device is unusable for about a day after an app has been installed, and then the icons either don't show up or aren't movable for another 2 days. Real top-notch quality. Google needs to trash their useless, buggy, outdated Chrome and bring back browser. I was using my Evo for about 2tb of data per month, with a number of apps, but can't do much of anything with these Nexus devices. Most apps aren't compatible with the nexus 7 or 10. If you do happen to install some apps, the launcher seems to have severe issues with as few as 400 apps. I still have about 290 apps to install. Google now is worthless and in the way. Not really much I can do on a Nexus. I'm thinking of moving to something else if Google doesn't get its act together. I do have 2.5gb free. The device is unusable below that. The multi-user joke is pathetic. I really can't tell that 4.2.2 caused anything but more problems. It forced me to have to hard reset to make my devices usable again, and I've never really been able to use them since.

Yay another one post account whining about hardware they don't have. I hope you're at least being paid by someone for this garbage :p

Posted via Android Central App

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If you don't care for a thread, please move on. If you believe a post is inappropriate, then hit the report button.

You're not helping the situation by posting in a thread to complain about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

csonkagi

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree, noting that it is much better than 4.2.1 was. I identified only one error and this is related to photosphere. Large picture (10-16 segments) require considerable CPU, so it takes time. This is where system crashes frequently, the device becomes hot left side to the camera. The system crashes; it is impossible to switch on, sometimes all power is gone. I managed to switch on by charging, but even that take several tries, long presses .... The picture I have taken just before the crash is there, but it is a bad quality. I use photosphere frequently, so this is annoying. I noticed that I can check the progress of the image processing by sliding the photo screen to the left. This shows how long I have to wait before I do anything else, but even waiting does not help always. So before using photosphere I remove all the applications from the memory, after taking the picture I wait and follow the progress and do not do anything else with the Nexus 10. But even this is not enough sometimes it crashes even with relatively small pictures (an becomes hot). I would call this photosphere bug. Maybe 2 cores are not enough for photosphere.
Otherwise I have no problem, Chrome works fine for me. But Currents I had to stop, that was something slow. I took from the background and I do not use that. Google now works nicely.

Last edited:

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Recently I experienced two crashes per week.

I have having a few games crash every few days, throwing me back to the home screen, and I notice afterwards that the OS has removed all other programs from memory, including my live background, and there is little memory free available. A memory leak of some type. And it doesn't recover properly so I have to reboot to get the memory pool back. Very annoying.

I also noticed that the camera app is updated in 4.3.

Perhaps, but the Nexus 10 does not run 4.3 yet

csonkagi

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I installed that 4.3 camera+gallery app 10 days ago (thanks XDAdev) on the Nexus 10, it works, and camera have not crashed yet. It is much faster, and I see lot of improvements in the gallery app too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11