1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mobile data and the second iteration of the nexus 10.

I'm going to buy a nexus tablet. What I don't know is if or when a mobile version will come out and if the nexus 10 will get revamped with a quad core. What do you guys think about those two ideas. Has Google confirmed either?

Default Re: Mobile data and the second iteration of the nexus 10.

next version of nexus 10 will come only end of this year and there is less chance of having a quad core N10 any time before that.
    3G version is similar.

Not sure of that will happen or not. Only time will tell. I just tethered my nexus 10 to my 4g galaxy s3. Works like a champ.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by entrer1 View Post
    Not sure of that will happen or not. Only time will tell. I just tethered my nexus 10 to my 4g galaxy s3. Works like a champ.

Exactly, unless you're never gonna be at home when you use it I don't see much point in waiting for a mobile data N10.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I use it for work and currently get by with a mifi device. While I'm happy with my setup I would like the option to ditch the mifi in the future.

Well as long as it's not a must, you should be ok waiting to see if they release a mobile data model.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It's just hard to wait. I'm a Google fanatic and a total tech geek. I'm using an old Motorola Xoom and just thinking how nice it will be to get that upgrade in OS and screen quality.

I'm thinking I'll likely cave in by the 8th of next month unless I hear word of a mobile data version. I guess if I need to I can just buy the next generation which I may assume is a year down the road. I'm pretty excited about gorilla glass 3 for it's anti glare properties.

Quote Originally Posted by llamainmypocket View Post
    It's just hard to wait. I'm a Google fanatic and a total tech geek. I'm using an old Motorola Xoom and just thinking how nice it will be to get that upgrade in OS and screen quality.

I'm thinking I'll likely cave in by the 8th of next month unless I hear word of a mobile data version. I guess if I need to I can just buy the next generation which I may assume is a year down the road. I'm pretty excited about gorilla glass 3 for it's anti glare properties.
    You might as well just buy it now then.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

If you wait, you'll always be waiting. Most OEMs have the "next" version of tech already in design/testing the moment they release the "latest" technology. So if you want something, just get it. If it's not quad core, it will be the 8 core, then the 16 core that you'll still be waiting on. There is always something better just around the corner.

Yeah, you're pretty much always gonna end up not having the latest tech anymore a little while after buying the latest tech. There's no way to avoid this cycle so no point waiting.