Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SamsungGalaxySII
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 Vs. Nexus 10

I've wanted a tablet for awhile now.. I'm looking at the Nexus 7 Vs the Nexus 10.

Their website says the Nexus 7 has a Quad-Core processor, while the Nexus 10 only has a Dual-Core processor.. why would they not use a better processor or maybe there's a reason for going with the other processor?

Should I be too concerned? I think I'd rather have the bigger screen.

Default Re: Nexus 7 Vs. Nexus 10

Here, this thread has the answers you seek: What makes nexus 10 cpu better than a quad core?
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]

Quote Originally Posted by yuppicide View Post
    I've wanted a tablet for awhile now.. I'm looking at the Nexus 7 Vs the Nexus 10.

Their website says the Nexus 7 has a Quad-Core processor, while the Nexus 10 only has a Dual-Core processor.. why would they not use a better processor or maybe there's a reason for going with the other processor?

Should I be too concerned? I think I'd rather have the bigger screen.
    To summarize what Devlyn pointed in the article, the dual core processor in N10 is far better than quad core processor in N7

Nexus 7: 4 pony power
    Nexus 10: 2 Horse power
    If I were you, I would choose Nexus 10.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by SamsungGalaxySII; 02-18-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    adinofaries likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for that. What's stupid on Google's part if you ask me is that they specify the speed of the 7" tablet on their website.. the 10" they don't specify. They should tell people that hey the new processor is better. That's why I had to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by yuppicide View Post
    Thanks for that. What's stupid on Google's part if you ask me is that they specify the speed of the 7" tablet on their website.. the 10" they don't specify. They should tell people that hey the new processor is better. That's why I had to ask.
    they did!! in the spec section
    CPU/GPU
    Exynos 5 Dual
    CPU: Dual-core ARM Cortex-A15
    GPU: Mali-T604

I guess a normal person wouldn't understand the difference between A9 and A15.
    A15 is the new architecture. there was lot of hype about A15 and Exynos 5 from samsung before the Nexus 10 release.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I guess a normal person wouldn't understand the difference between A9 and A15.
    True. Nor do normal people understand what having multiple cores really means and doesn't mean.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Bottom line - they're both good tablets for the money, the question is more about the size. If it's not going to leave the house (most of the time) get a N10, if you want portability get the N7. I have both and am happy with both. One accompanies me outside the house, the other stays at home.
    Darth Vader offers you a Guinness.
    Thanked by:

The Nexus 10 is still perfectly portable to take outside your house if you take it to school and put it in your school bag. It's just not as portable as the Nexus 7 obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    True. Nor do normal people understand what having multiple cores really means and doesn't mean.
    multiple means "fast" and cores means "thing"!

I own a Nexus 4 and a 7. I am wanting to sell my 7 for a 10 because if I am planning on taking a tablet somewhere, chances are it is to browse the 'net or do something quick and easy. For that, I have my 4. My 7 usually stays at home so a 10 would make more sense for me.

The big question to ask yourself is what you would be using it for and do you have a smartphone(s) to complement your tablet choice.

I think you either need a 7 inch or you don't. If you don't need a small screen then you are better off with the 10.

What i mean is that a 7 inch tablet I'd better as a positional hub that doesn't move. Namely, installed in the dashboard of a car for media, navigation, and access to the cars computer for diagnosis. In furniture or wall as a hub for music, media control, and home control.

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

I have 2 N7 (one is for the Mrs) and just got the 10 as well. The screen quality is amazing on the 10. I am definitely using the 10 for more web browsing, media,forums and comics. The 7 is way better for taking with me when I go to work or just out and about. I would say if you can keep the 7 AND get the 10 do it , but if its one or the other keep your 7 since its great for every task AND much more portable.
    I clearly love the Nexus line......

Devices: Nexus 7 16, Nexus 7 32, Galaxy Nexus, Kindle Fire running CM9