Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slow video streaming

Hi,
    I have been trying to watch videos streamed from my PC to my tablet but so far I have had little success...

I am using MX Player Pro to watch videos and ES Explorer to access my PC contents. I have no problems with opening any files including videos and streaming of small files (~300MB movies) works great. The problem is - I would like to watch my Blu-Ray and DVD rips, which are 10GB +. Alas, in this case, it buffers 1 second of movie per 20 seconds in real life. It is unwatchable.

So, the question is - how could I speed it up? The signal is full (I run the tests with PC and Nexus next to my router, Netgear), the PC has all other connections turned off (mail/browser, antivirus updates etc. all turned off) - the wifi connection on PC is shown as 120Mbps. I guess I am lacking ideas...

Thank you for help,
    Theriel

Default Re: Slow video streaming

With a video file that big I'm not sure there is anything that can be done. You might be better off getting some spare flash drives and a miniUSB OTG to USB cable and cutting out the middle man.