Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree12Likes
  • 6 Post By idaute
  • 2 Post By the gator
  • 2 Post By crxssi
  • 1 Post By namikov6
  • 1 Post By waynewin2014
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default compatible flash player for nexus 10 with jellybean 4.2.2

Does anyone know a way to add flash player to my nexus 10, which has jellybean 4.2.2 installed? My son tried to find something, but to no avail. He said he didn't think there is a download compatible with jellybean 4.2.2. Any suggestions? Please include steps if possible, as I'm not the most tech savvy person. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: compatible flash player for nexus 10 with jellybean 4.2.2

I posted this previously responding to someone who had an Asus infinity. I am sure it will work for a nexus 10 also.

Go to:
    Archived Flash Player versions
    http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...-versions.html
    Scroll down the page until you reach Android section, specifically "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives"
    choose Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.32). This is the latest version I know of, but if there is one with a number higher than 32 in the last two digits, select it to download. It will download on your Infinity.
    You now have to sideload it to the Infinity. This is done by
    1. Going to settings, security, and click to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
    2. Open File Manager and search for the Adobe Flash Player .apk file you just downloaded. It was downloaded to my external flash when I did this. Click on Adobe Flash Player .apk when you find it. This will install the flash player on your Infinity.
    3. Go back to settings, security, and click to disallow the installation of apps from unknown sources. You do not want your Infinity to continue to allow apps from unknown sources.
    4. Your Infinity now has flash player installed and you will be able to use the browser to go to pages that require flash player.
    Hope this helps.

PS Flash Player does not work with Chrome browser as I understand. It does work with the stock browser on my infinity. It also works with Dolphin I believe.
    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by idaute; 02-22-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Excellent, thank you.

It does not work with Dolphin but it does work with Boat Browser. You will need to go into the settings of Boat and click on flash, you should have installed flash first as stated in previous post.
    Thanked by 2:
    idaute and rockshards6714 like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you. I'll try this and see if it works. My son tried it with Dolphin and it didn't work so maybe we'll try it with Boat browser. Thanks again.. I'll let everyone know if it worked.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,483 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairiemom View Post
    Thank you. I'll try this and see if it works. My son tried it with Dolphin and it didn't work so maybe we'll try it with Boat browser. Thanks again.. I'll let everyone know if it worked.
    I would recommend Firefox, myself. It not only supports Flash, but also Adblock. Unlike most other browsers mentioned, it supports syncing, has a desktop version for all platforms, and is true open source. Being fast and stable is just a bonus.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    Mark Brough and Fairiemom like this.

Really help me with all the data here! Works fine with Firefox 19.02 and flash 11.1.115.48 you only need to enable the plugin option in ff under settings. I use a nexus 7 with android 4.2.2

Global Posts
    906 Global Posts

Also works with Ocean browser.

Alan

thanks eveyone. At last.

HELP!!! I've tried several Flash downloads from this link as well as others. When I try to install it, I get an error message that says "App not installed." I do not know what else to do. Why won't it install the app. I already have checked the box to allow apps from unknown sources. Thank you in advance!

I have this version installed on my Nexus 4 and 10 and works fine with Firefox on both....

http://www.pjitsolutions.co.uk/com.a...lashplayer.apk

Its version 11.1.115.12

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

I'd recommend Firefox too if you wanna watch any flash. No ads, and no other worries too. Plus it's a decent browser overall.

Hi I am new to this, but have managed to download the flash player, thanks to all the good advice, but then it asks me for a plug in! What is that? If any one has any help to offer I would be most grateful.

twisted knit
    when does it ask for a plug in? When you try to view something with flash?

fairiemom
    not sure if you decided on which browser, but I agree with the others who suggested boat browser. I tried dolphin, firefox, puffin, boat, and a few others. Puffin and Firefox seemed to freeze a lot for some reason and dolphin did not support flash. Boat is the only one that I found that would support flash and not freeze. I'm really glad I tried boat.
    Fairiemom likes this.

Some websites that ask for flash, are as slow as a snail.
    Youtube is quite zippy though.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

Thank you it worked!!

i have a flash installed on my Nexus 7 Android 4.2.2 version and i used boat browser to view flash content and it works fine. Firefox is a bit slow. Puffin browser is great but you must pay a few bucks after the trial period. I found this site that has a guide on how to install flash on Android 4.2.2
    How to watch flash videos on iPad, iPhones and Android devices
    Thanked by:
    Fairiemom likes this.

so I dled 11.1.115.69 and got flash video working in Firefox quite nicely, but now YouTube videos won't play in the app. they work fine through the mobile website with Chrome and Firefox but not through the app.

anyone experiencing the same thing? think it might be unrelated? fix ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

I just installed Adobe Flash Player from here:

Adobe Community: How do I manually install Flash Player on my Android device?

Everything works fine! I have not rooted my N10 either. I just followed the instructions exactly as written and no problems. Now I'm just going to make sure my N10 is on ac power, plug in the hdmi cable and watch whatever I want including live streaming from the web. Not sure if notifications will interfere with watching a movie though.

Cannot do full screen. My Hallmark subscription does not allow for any adjustments like you can do on Youtube. So no full screen or any other controls. Oops!
    Last edited by olgeezer44; 07-30-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Now I'm just going to make sure my N10 is on ac power, plug in the hdmi cable
    Why a/c power? Is that the only way you have found to prevent it from sleeping and killing the HDMI feed? I have reported that as a bug.
    Pat

Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.4
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

I don't know about the sleeping, but I'm thinking that running it from ac will cut down on the battery usage?

As stated above, Flash does not work with Chrome or the newest version of Dolphin (I reinstalled an older version of Dolphin just to use Flash). I do not have a problem using the flash player with Firefox though.
    Don't understand why Dolphin would disable Flash capability....

Hi using the above post I went to the link he posted for old versions of flash, he mentioned that if there was a bigger number at the end of the version he used 11.1.115.32 to go for it. I found they now have on the top of the list 11.1.115.81. I followed the rest of his solution. It worked perfectly. I did not have to do anything further. I have the latest jellybean. 4.3 on a Nexus 10, and was using Firefox to watch a live stream of a WWE ppv. Shush, don't tell anybody that part. :-)

Ok, got ff and installed flashplayer 11. 1. 115.81 per above now how to get to ff settings to enable plugin? I feel silly havig to ask this. Galaxy note 8.0.

If you just want to watch youtube videos, type m.youtube.com in your browser. This switches from desktop viewing to mobile, and the flash prob is solved.