compatible flash player for nexus 10 with jellybean 4.2.2

Fairiemom

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know a way to add flash player to my nexus 10, which has jellybean 4.2.2 installed? My son tried to find something, but to no avail. He said he didn't think there is a download compatible with jellybean 4.2.2. Any suggestions? Please include steps if possible, as I'm not the most tech savvy person. Thanks in advance.

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I posted this previously responding to someone who had an Asus infinity. I am sure it will work for a nexus 10 also.

Go to:
Archived Flash Player versions
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html
Scroll down the page until you reach Android section, specifically "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives"
choose Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.32). This is the latest version I know of, but if there is one with a number higher than 32 in the last two digits, select it to download. It will download on your Infinity.
You now have to sideload it to the Infinity. This is done by
1. Going to settings, security, and click to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
2. Open File Manager and search for the Adobe Flash Player .apk file you just downloaded. It was downloaded to my external flash when I did this. Click on Adobe Flash Player .apk when you find it. This will install the flash player on your Infinity.
3. Go back to settings, security, and click to disallow the installation of apps from unknown sources. You do not want your Infinity to continue to allow apps from unknown sources.
4. Your Infinity now has flash player installed and you will be able to use the browser to go to pages that require flash player.
Hope this helps.

PS Flash Player does not work with Chrome browser as I understand. It does work with the stock browser on my infinity. It also works with Dolphin I believe.
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It does not work with Dolphin but it does work with Boat Browser. You will need to go into the settings of Boat and click on flash, you should have installed flash first as stated in previous post.

Fairiemom

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I'll try this and see if it works. My son tried it with Dolphin and it didn't work so maybe we'll try it with Boat browser. Thanks again.. I'll let everyone know if it worked.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I'll try this and see if it works. My son tried it with Dolphin and it didn't work so maybe we'll try it with Boat browser. Thanks again.. I'll let everyone know if it worked.

I would recommend Firefox, myself. It not only supports Flash, but also Adblock. Unlike most other browsers mentioned, it supports syncing, has a desktop version for all platforms, and is true open source. Being fast and stable is just a bonus.

jcrodrigu

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Really help me with all the data here! Works fine with Firefox 19.02 and flash 11.1.115.48 you only need to enable the plugin option in ff under settings. I use a nexus 7 with android 4.2.2

leahinfl

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
HELP!!! I've tried several Flash downloads from this link as well as others. When I try to install it, I get an error message that says "App not installed." I do not know what else to do. Why won't it install the app. I already have checked the box to allow apps from unknown sources. Thank you in advance!

twisted knit

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am new to this, but have managed to download the flash player, thanks to all the good advice, but then it asks me for a plug in! What is that? If any one has any help to offer I would be most grateful.

namikov6

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
twisted knit
when does it ask for a plug in? When you try to view something with flash?

fairiemom
not sure if you decided on which browser, but I agree with the others who suggested boat browser. I tried dolphin, firefox, puffin, boat, and a few others. Puffin and Firefox seemed to freeze a lot for some reason and dolphin did not support flash. Boat is the only one that I found that would support flash and not freeze. I'm really glad I tried boat.

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Some websites that ask for flash, are as slow as a snail.
Youtube is quite zippy though.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

Piotr Butkiewicz

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
so I dled 11.1.115.69 and got flash video working in Firefox quite nicely, but now YouTube videos won't play in the app. they work fine through the mobile website with Chrome and Firefox but not through the app.

anyone experiencing the same thing? think it might be unrelated? fix ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I just installed Adobe Flash Player from here:

Adobe Community: How do I manually install Flash Player on my Android device?

Everything works fine! I have not rooted my N10 either. I just followed the instructions exactly as written and no problems. Now I'm just going to make sure my N10 is on ac power, plug in the hdmi cable and watch whatever I want including live streaming from the web. Not sure if notifications will interfere with watching a movie though.

Cannot do full screen. My Hallmark subscription does not allow for any adjustments like you can do on Youtube. So no full screen or any other controls. Oops!

Last edited:

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Now I'm just going to make sure my N10 is on ac power, plug in the hdmi cable

Why a/c power? Is that the only way you have found to prevent it from sleeping and killing the HDMI feed? I have reported that as a bug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles