My first thoughts on the Nexus 10

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
It arrived on Friday at about 11am. Left it charging for about 3 hours and then took it off charge (100% full) and started loading my apps and running various things.

It feels super fast most of the time, which is nice.
It updated to 4.2.2 fairly soon after I connected. So, I can't tell about any earlier versions - but this seems OK.
Antutu ran at 13,000+ (can't remember the exact number) which is a tad faster than my Nexus 7 - but it feels a lot faster.
My Microsoft BT mouse connects OK.
I run Splashstreamer to access my PC in another room. The screen resolution on the PC is 1920 x 1080 - the Nexus 10 coped with that and was legible. I love that feature.
So far, no crashes.
I ran it on battery for just over 24 hours, using it quite heavily (as it was new) and it still had 45% left. I have it set to no-wifi when sleeping unless it's charging, so I guess that helps.
I go an IVSO case for it (link: IVSO? Google Nexus 10 Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case With: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics) which I like.

Still to try hooking up an external USB memory stick - but I have no reason to doubt it will (it works on my Nexus 7)

So, I think it's well worth the money.

Alan

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It's true that despite benchmarks, the Nexus 10 is way faster than any other tablet out there. I never found benchmarks to be reliable comparisons, there's too many variables and factors behind them.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1