Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 43 of 43
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #26  
    Chetan Takyar's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,111 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,696 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Music Player (Remix). There's a topic in the app section here on AC that the developer made.

    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    Thanks.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Thanks.
    Anytime.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Does this have higher volume levels than the stock music player?
  4. #29  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    Does this have higher volume levels than the stock music player?
    Well, keep in mind that the speakers, although front-mounted, are still very tiny They can't produce but so much sound, even if you try to overdrive them (which will lead to more distortion and possibly damage).
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Well, keep in mind that the speakers, although front-mounted, are still very tiny They can't produce but so much sound, even if you try to overdrive them (which will lead to more distortion and possibly damage).
    I mean with a headset.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    I mean with a headset.
    I haven't yet seen an app with volume settings that seem to override the system ones, which is a shame as my Nexus 4 is quite quiet but on the 10 it seems quite loud anyway?


    On the subject of lag, except for unlocking the screen I experience none at all. I threw it a 10Gb 1080p MKV file with DTS audio and it played perfectly with at least 10 other apps running.
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    I mean with a headset.
    You should look into bluetooth headsets. You may find one that allows for a second volume control that could amplify the first... Best of luck!
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    I might get one too. I can never seem to go more than a year without messing up the connector and by extension the whole headset.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    I might just do that this weekend, thanks.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    My N10 is very laggy. I can sometimes type a full sentence before the keyboard catches up in most any app. Lockscreen, lag. Orientation change, lag. After chasing may causes, I gave up and just live with it. But I am not a happy camper. Also, Chrome and Wallet crash constantly, unusable. Chrome usually crashes the entire OS, too. I still love the idea of it, just very disappointed in the performance.
  11. #36  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by scojoman View Post
    My N10 is very laggy. I can sometimes type a full sentence before the keyboard catches up in most any app. Lockscreen, lag. Orientation change, lag. After chasing may causes, I gave up and just live with it. But I am not a happy camper. Also, Chrome and Wallet crash constantly, unusable. Chrome usually crashes the entire OS, too. I still love the idea of it, just very disappointed in the performance.
    Time for examining what you have installed, or restoring to factory defaults. I have never had any lag like you describe, in the coming up on a year of using it.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Time for examining what you have installed, or restoring to factory defaults. I have never had any lag like you describe, in the coming up on a year of using it.
    Neither have I.

    It could also be that he has a defective unit.
  13. #38  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Neither have I.

    It could also be that he has a defective unit.
    Possible, of course. But more likely to be some freaky software. And that is easy to eliminate.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Possible, of course. But more likely to be some freaky software. And that is easy to eliminate.
    It is indeed.
  15. #40  
    JasW's Avatar

    Posts
    817 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,096 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    I suppose it's possible, but I can't imagine what one app would wreak that kind of broad, general havoc.
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    I suppose it's possible, but I can't imagine what one app would wreak that kind of broad, general havoc.
    There are certain apps that can suck a lot of juice out of a device. Mostly though its user error which is easily fixable.

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #42  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    I suppose it's possible, but I can't imagine what one app would wreak that kind of broad, general havoc.
    Hard to say, but there is some freaky stuff out there.
    But it could also be corruption of the internal storage on one of the system files. Again, something that "going back to factory" might fix.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

    I do get some lag when I have two gmail widgets on a homescreen...

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon: Galaxy Nexus 10/10 for Razr MAXX 10/10.
    By philly in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 11:07 PM
  2. Nexus 7 vs the Nexus 10 - Is the 7 too small?
    By TerryMasters in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 11:56 AM
  3. What do you want to see on the Nexus 10?
    By crackberrytraitor in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 01:34 AM
  4. Is a Nexus 10.1 coming soon?
    By FreakyLocz14 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 03:30 PM
  5. Infinity TF700 or (Rumored) Nexus 10?
    By jazzbassist1 in forum ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 700
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 02:43 AM

Posting Permissions