Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,696 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Music Player (Remix). There's a topic in the app section here on AC that the developer made.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Thanks.
    Anytime.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Does this have higher volume levels than the stock music player?
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    Does this have higher volume levels than the stock music player?
    Well, keep in mind that the speakers, although front-mounted, are still very tiny They can't produce but so much sound, even if you try to overdrive them (which will lead to more distortion and possibly damage).
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Well, keep in mind that the speakers, although front-mounted, are still very tiny They can't produce but so much sound, even if you try to overdrive them (which will lead to more distortion and possibly damage).
    I mean with a headset.

I mean with a headset.
    I haven't yet seen an app with volume settings that seem to override the system ones, which is a shame as my Nexus 4 is quite quiet but on the 10 it seems quite loud anyway?

On the subject of lag, except for unlocking the screen I experience none at all. I threw it a 10Gb 1080p MKV file with DTS audio and it played perfectly with at least 10 other apps running.
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

I mean with a headset.
    You should look into bluetooth headsets. You may find one that allows for a second volume control that could amplify the first... Best of luck!

I might get one too. I can never seem to go more than a year without messing up the connector and by extension the whole headset.

I might just do that this weekend, thanks.

My N10 is very laggy. I can sometimes type a full sentence before the keyboard catches up in most any app. Lockscreen, lag. Orientation change, lag. After chasing may causes, I gave up and just live with it. But I am not a happy camper. Also, Chrome and Wallet crash constantly, unusable. Chrome usually crashes the entire OS, too. I still love the idea of it, just very disappointed in the performance.

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scojoman View Post
    My N10 is very laggy. I can sometimes type a full sentence before the keyboard catches up in most any app. Lockscreen, lag. Orientation change, lag. After chasing may causes, I gave up and just live with it. But I am not a happy camper. Also, Chrome and Wallet crash constantly, unusable. Chrome usually crashes the entire OS, too. I still love the idea of it, just very disappointed in the performance.
    Time for examining what you have installed, or restoring to factory defaults. I have never had any lag like you describe, in the coming up on a year of using it.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Time for examining what you have installed, or restoring to factory defaults. I have never had any lag like you describe, in the coming up on a year of using it.
    Neither have I.

It could also be that he has a defective unit.

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Neither have I.

It could also be that he has a defective unit.
    Possible, of course. But more likely to be some freaky software. And that is easy to eliminate.

Possible, of course. But more likely to be some freaky software. And that is easy to eliminate.
    It is indeed.

Global Posts
    6,096 Global Posts

I suppose it's possible, but I can't imagine what one app would wreak that kind of broad, general havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    I suppose it's possible, but I can't imagine what one app would wreak that kind of broad, general havoc.
    There are certain apps that can suck a lot of juice out of a device. Mostly though its user error which is easily fixable.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    Hard to say, but there is some freaky stuff out there.
    But it could also be corruption of the internal storage on one of the system files. Again, something that "going back to factory" might fix.

I do get some lag when I have two gmail widgets on a homescreen...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12