Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 10 lag

Has anyone seen how laggy this thing is

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Nexus 10 lag

NOPE. No lag on mine. You might want to see what app is causing it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes I will thanks for the advice I will try that

No lag here either. Perfect since the update. Not a single crash or reboot either

NO lag what so ever.

I've had up to 10 things or more running at a time on this thing and it doesn't show the slightest sign of lag. (Y)

No lag here.

Could you go into greater detail about what you are calling "lag"? Aare you reffering to screen response? Intenet connectivity? Walk us through what is happening.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Depends on the app for me. Firefox has noticeable lag, but most games, Tapatalk, chrome beta, youtube etc etc are all smooth.

You can get lag on anything with a poorly coded or unoptimized app. Just best trying to avoid them....

And for the OS itself its very smooth...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonr403 View Post

not trying to be rude, look how OP wrote his post. Seems he is trying to tell us how laggy nexus 10, not really asking whether its lagging or not. Apple fanboy?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kurosenpai View Post
    not trying to be rude, look how OP wrote his post. Seems he is trying to tell us how laggy nexus 10, not really asking whether its lagging or not. Apple fanboy?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh well, doesn't affect us.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,694 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonr403 View Post
    Have no idea what you are talking about. Have never had "lag" on my Nexus 10.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Actually mine has started lagging for the last 2-3 days and I can't figure out why. When I mean laggy I mean the whole OS in general. If I flip the tablet sideways it will take a full second before catching up whereas before this was maybe 1/3rd of a second, swiping around is slightly slower and stutters more, opening an app takes a second longer. This must be caused by an app I installed but nothing obvious stands out, i tried uninstalling some apps but it made no difference and restarting the system didn't help either. Any ideas/suggestions? When I check on resources obviously nothing close to the full 2gigs ram is being used (usually around 800mbs is in use) and I can't understand why I'd have lag after a fresh restart..

Quote Originally Posted by DenizOmer View Post
    Actually mine has started lagging for the last 2-3 days and I can't figure out why. When I mean laggy I mean the whole OS in general. If I flip the tablet sideways it will take a full second before catching up whereas before this was maybe 1/3rd of a second, swiping around is slightly slower and stutters more, opening an app takes a second longer. This must be caused by an app I installed but nothing obvious stands out, i tried uninstalling some apps but it made no difference and restarting the system didn't help either. Any ideas/suggestions? When I check on resources obviously nothing close to the full 2gigs ram is being used (usually around 800mbs is in use) and I can't understand why I'd have lag after a fresh restart..

Are you seeing the same delay on the lock screen when rotating?

Change your wallpaper to an all black screen and see if that affects what you are experiancing.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    2 Nexus 7 2013s [My Children's]

Or use one of the default wallpapers.

In my efforts to get good info on the sleep-of-death-like events I see on my N10 I went root, which allowed me to change CPU governor settings. To experiment I locked it in at the highest setting available, "performance". Holy cow is the UI zippy! I never felt like it was slow before, but now its just crazy fast. People warn me this will drastically decrease battery life, but honeslty from full charge to drain seems really similar to me - so for now I'm leaving it "pegged". ZOOM ZOOM
    xlDeMoNiClx and kurosenpai like this.

Quote Originally Posted by big matty View Post
    In my efforts to get good info on the sleep-of-death-like events I see on my N10 I went root, which allowed me to change CPU governor settings. To experiment I locked it in at the highest setting available, "performance". Holy cow is the UI zippy! I never felt like it was slow before, but now its just crazy fast. People warn me this will drastically decrease battery life, but honeslty from full charge to drain seems really similar to me - so for now I'm leaving it "pegged". ZOOM ZOOM
    Nice. And to be honest having a screen as good as this is gonna hit the battery life hard but it's worth it.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    Thanked by:
    big matty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by snookasnoo View Post
    Its laggy. If you don't think so then you have never used an iOS device and compared the lag.
    Are you seriously trolling here again with your crap after you had your posting ability in this section taken away? Clearly you have learned nothing about yourself or the fact that what you say has no credibility anymore.

Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,694 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snookasnoo View Post
    Its laggy. If you don't think so then you have never used an iOS device and compared the lag.
    (Our friend the troller is back again.) Sorry, but I have used an iOS device and a Nexus 10. The Nexus 10 has no lag.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    (Our friend the troller is back again.) Sorry, but I have used an iOS device and a Nexus 10. The Nexus 10 has no lag.
    I noticed. At least his posts can give us something to laugh at.

My iPod touch used to lag quite a bit everytime I wanted to open up the music player or specific apps (can't remember which), took a second or two to boot them up as well.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    I noticed. At least his posts can give us something to laugh at.

My iPod touch used to lag quite a bit everytime I wanted to open up the music player or specific apps (can't remember which), took a second or two to boot them up as well.
    Mind telling which gen the iPod was? the iPod touch 4th gens are POS's because Apple crippled them back in 2010 when they put in 256MB of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Mind telling which gen the iPod was? the iPod touch 4th gens are POS's because Apple crippled them back in 2010 when they put in 256MB of RAM
    That's pretty odd. But it was before that. 2nd gen I believe it was.

Banned

Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts

That's pretty odd. But it was before that. 2nd gen I believe it was.

Yeah any iPod before the 5th is crippled since all of them only had 256MB, but I strongly urge you to at least try an iPod touch 5th gen at a store I promise you iOS is best for music players.

Yeah any iPod before the 5th is crippled since all of them only had 256MB, but I strongly urge you to at least try an iPod touch 5th gen at a store I promise you iOS is best for music players.
    I'm too attached to this music player on my phone that I've been using since it was in beta. Has alot of features that no other player has, but they're decent music players.

Banned

Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts

I'm too attached to this music player on my phone that I've been using since it was in beta. Has alot of features that no other player has, but they're decent music players.

Can you tell me what it is called? the stock one on my phone really looks ugly

Can you tell me what it is called? the stock one on my phone really looks ugly
    Music Player (Remix). There's a topic in the app section here on AC that the developer made.

Thanked by:
    DanPLC 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast