30+ Reasons Why You Should Buy A Nexus 10

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Meh, its way too buggy for me to recommend yet. And half my apps are phone apps or tablet apps not optimized for the resolution.

Here's a screen shot of my favorite game. Of all my Android devices and iOS devices the nexus 10 is the only one that it sucks on...

Machinarium
asu9y8e6.jpg

Its a small window in the middle of my screen. This happened after an update released today. The reason I updated is because I thought it fixed a bug that made me need to go into the developer options and turn on "force 4x msaa" to make the game work at all. Now I still need to do that plus its a tiny window...

HDMI out only works for 30 minutes or so (a lot of people report this) it will cause overheating too. Only fix is to reboot and you get another 30 minutes...

HBO Go no longer works...its choppy etc...

Everyone I've seen 3 (mine) and 2 in store have noticeable screen bleed.

The hardware is great but without quality software I'd recommend a different Android tablet. I just hope it gets better. I expected this to be an upgrade from my Xoom and frankly I'm not blown away.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That's literally the only game/app/whatever that has not worked as well on an Android tablet as it does on a phone. Honestly those other issues will only affect a small group of people. Overall there really aren't many reasons to get an iPad 4 at least over a Nexus 10 unless you insist on getting Apple products and prefer them. Plus it shows how many benefits the Nexus 10 does have. I'd recommend this tablet to everyone that could benefit from it.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
That's literally the only game/app/whatever that has not worked as well on an Android tablet as it does on a phone. Honestly those other issues will only affect a small group of people. Overall there really aren't many reasons to get an iPad 4 at least over a Nexus 10 unless you insist on getting Apple products and prefer them. Plus it shows how many benefits the Nexus 10 does have. I'd recommend this tablet to everyone that could benefit from it.

I am sorry but iPad apps are far better then Android tablet apps, Android phones are now better then the iPhone(subjectively)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry but iPad apps are far better then Android tablet apps, Android phones are now better then the iPhone(subjectively)

That's what I'm hearing but I have had nothing but perfection from Android apps on my tablet so I will respectfully disagree. I've never found tablet-optimized apps as big a deal as everyone makes them out to be.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
That's what I'm hearing but I have had nothing but perfection from Android apps on my tablet so I will respectfully disagree. I've never found tablet-optimized apps as big a deal as everyone makes them out to be.

Yes many people would be fine without as many optimised apps, Of course it depends on what apps you use.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
To spark discussion:
Nexus 10 Review - Bonnie Cha - Product Reviews - AllThingsD

While the screen is amazing and so is 4.2.2 the review does note that a big disappointment was a lack of apps.

So? Reviewers like to throw those terms around all the time, besides most tech review sites are known to be biased these days so they'll say anything. That's why I only listen to the reviews here at AC, they don't waste time with stuff like that and benchmarks.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That is a good article and pretty much correct.

I honestly love the guy who owns this site, he's the only tech site I know that isn't biased in favor of Apple, he gets straight to the point, is fair to both sides, backs up what he says, and unlike some people I know (especially here at AC) he can handle people having different opinions than him. Though some trolls do manage to find their way to the comments.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

That game plays great on every tablet I've use except the nexus 10 (Xoom, Tab 10.1 and Nexus 7).

Check out this thread...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1999679

I'm not a huge tablet gamer. I like the puzzle type games but there are A LOT more then just the game I like that don't play right....

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Some games I've already paid for on previous tablets I can't even download on my Nexus 10...

3y7u9a6y.jpg

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah sometimes i wonder what the reason its incompatible. some apps say that but can be sideloaded just fine.

I think that article taught me, there are two nfc sensors on this thing? and ive been turning it over this whole time!

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
@ Cynic: That's on the developer's side. Many games by Gameloft I played on my phone have the same problem where they aren't compatible with my N10, but that's up to the developer to make it compatible, it's not the tablet's fault. It's one of the side effects of the fragmentation of Android that is bound to happen to an open-source OS..

@y2whsiper: Yeah, I didn't know that either until I read this article but I never use NFC anyway.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Who makes the determination as to what devices an app can run on? The Developer? Google?

What prevents a Developer from creating an app for a phone then reselling the same app as a Tablet only app.
The scaling is one of Androids great features are there any checks and balances in place to prevent abuse?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Who makes the determination as to what devices an app can run on? The Developer? Google?

What prevents a Developer from creating an app for a phone then reselling the same app as a Tablet only app.
The scaling is one of Androids great features are there any checks and balances in place to prevent abuse?
I have no idea, I am not an app developer.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

The developer. It is not a problem with "Fragmentation" as much as it is the developer placing restrictions on it and then not testing with other devices.

Nothing. They can do that if they wish. It would be kinda stupid, though. Users would be unhappy. Unhappy = lower ratings = lower sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy