Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: 30+ Reasons Why You Should Buy A Nexus 10

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    lol That's just blind fanboyism, they don't see that all that will over over the iPhone 5 is one feature that Apple copied from someone else, modified a bit, and withheld from people intentionally just so they would have a reason to buy this one. And the trend will continue with the iPhone 6.

I wouldn't go as far as "sub par", but it's definitely not the best screen anymore.
    Apple IMO has fallen behind in phones but then you have people like my dad that prefer the iPhone(yes I made him try android) because they are familiar to it.

Also not entirely they take features from the jailbreak community which in turn is inspired by Android.

One more thing there is also fanboyism on here about the S4 when that hasnt been announced either!

lol That's just blind fanboyism, they don't see that all that will over over the iPhone 5 is one feature that Apple copied from someone else, modified a bit, and withheld from people intentionally just so they would have a reason to buy this one. And the trend will continue with the iPhone 6.

I wouldn't go as far as "sub par", but it's definitely not the best screen anymore.
    IPS is my favourite screen type which is why I am happy with my N4 and iPad 4, although one problem the N4's seem to be having is that the icons are not as bright as the ones on my iPhone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    The N10 and all of the 1080p phones destroy retina displays in terms of pixel density. Retina quite literally can be translated to "sub par" now.
    Only in pixel density are we not hitting the point where manufacturers are throwing massive 1080P displays for the spec sheet? I truly believe after 380ppi it starts to get a little ridiculous.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Apple IMO has fallen behind in phones but then you have people like my dad that prefer the iPhone(yes I made him try android) because they are familiar to it.

Also not entirely they take features from the jailbreak community which in turn is inspired by Android.

One more thing there is also fanboyism on here about the S4 when that hasnt been announced either!
    Yeah, you get that on both sides.
    Chetan Takyar likes this.

Only in pixel density are we not hitting the point where manufacturers are throwing massive 1080P displays for the spec sheet? I truly believe after 380ppi it starts to get a little ridiculous.
    Exactly. At a certain point we won't need a higher pixel density and manufacturers should focus on the quality of their screens. Specifically: color accuracy, viewing angles, brightness, and power requirements.
    crxssi and Darth Spock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    Exactly. At a certain point we won't need a higher pixel density and manufacturers should focus on the quality of their screens. Specifically: color accuracy, viewing angles, brightness, and power requirements.
    Which Apple excels at with their products.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

And Samsung sure knows a thing or two on how to do it as well after the Nexus 10 screen. I think we're getting to the point where screens are gonna be as good as they can get until they actually come out with bendable phones or holograms. :P
    crxssi and Darth Spock like this.

And Samsung sure knows a thing or two on how to do it as well after the Nexus 10 screen. I think we're getting to the point where screens are gonna be as good as they can get until they actually come out with bendable phones or holograms. :P
    Bendable phones pfft thats old tech. Holograms are where its at

The display of the iPad 3 was manufactured by Samsung, and the display of the iPad 4 was manufactured by LG. Don't think that the manufacturing knowledge and expertise used to create those displays is out of reach for the mobile division of the aforementioned companies.

Apple excels at display performance with their desktop displays intended to support professional design work. Apple's mobile displays (as in the iPhone and iPad) are similar displays to those offered in many Android devices. It's possible that they are of higher quality and more expensive to manufacture, calibrated differently, or subject to stricter quality control guidelines, but they are still intended for mobile use and are subject to the same inherent limitations on performance, color, power draw, etc. of the technology the display is based on.

My nexus 10 has slight light bleeding on its lower right and right side of the tablet.

Will it get any worse? do i have to return it and ask for a new one?

I spent 25,000 Pesos on this and this is actually my first tablet..

I hate that I get to get the Unit with the bleeding issue.. can anyone unburden my thoughts
    Last edited by Atiya; 03-02-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    The display of the iPad 3 was manufactured by Samsung, and the display of the iPad 4 was manufactured by LG. Don't think that the manufacturing knowledge and expertise used to create those displays is out of reach for the mobile division of the aforementioned companies.

Apple excels at display performance with their desktop displays intended to support professional design work. Apple's mobile displays (as in the iPhone and iPad) are similar displays to those offered in many Android devices. It's possible that they are of higher quality and more expensive to manufacture, calibrated differently, or subject to stricter quality control guidelines, but they are still intended for mobile use and are subject to the same inherent limitations on performance, color, power draw, etc. of the technology the display is based on.
    Yes there calibration awesome I wish I knew how to calibrate my Nexus's screen cause compared to my iPhone 5 the colours seem off. Now of course once IGZO screen tech hits same quality as IPS but significantly less power draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    My nexus 10 has slight light bleeding on its lower right and right side of the tablet.

Will it get any worse? do i have to return it and ask for a new one?

I spent 25,000 Pesos on this and this is actually my first tablet..

I hate that I get to get the Unit with the bleeding issue.. can anyone unburden my thoughts
    If it really does annoy you then have it checked out, when I had mine I didn't have an issue with backlight bleeding.

lucky you... have to travel all the way to manila later from pasig

hope everything works out fine with my seller

lucky you... have to travel all the way to manila later from pasig

hope everything works out fine with my seller
    If you paid that much for a device, you certainly deserve to have one that meets top quality standards and works correctly. Take it back, explain the situation, make sure they understand it is a manufacturing defect, and you should be able to get a replacement without any problems.
    Thanked by:
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts

My nexus 10 has slight light bleeding on its lower right and right side of the tablet. Will it get any worse?
    No
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I would love to make my documents show up on other things but I am really far too deal in the Apples ecosystem I can never let go of it because I have spent 300 dollars(IMHO) very useful and good apps.
    Ya but 75% of those apps are usually free on Android. Gdocs is free so....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post

I actually don't find Word to Go to be that good, even though it's pretty expensive for an app.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post

Again, it would be a hassle for me to move my docs from iCloud to google it's something I would rather not do.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Again, it would be a hassle for me to move my docs from iCloud to google it's something I would rather not do.
    The way I see it, if you keep your docs there and still use Google cloud services that's just more storage capacity

The way I see it, if you keep your docs there and still use Google cloud services that's just more storage capacity

Yeah I've started to use Dropbox for photos by dragging my photos from MBP to the drop box folder, I am trying to use 3rd party solutions more so I don't feel as tied down in Apples Eco system
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Yeah I've started to use Dropbox for photos by dragging my photos from MBP to the drop box folder, I am trying to use 3rd party solutions more so I don't feel as tied down in Apples Eco system
    Dropbox has been awesome. Best discovery ever when I was able to update my 3VO to ICS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123