Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 30+ Reasons Why You Should Buy A Nexus 10

For those of you that benefited from the articles I posted here: 50 Tips & Tricks for the Nexus 10 this same site has posted an article for people on the fence on whether or not they should buy a Nexus 10.

Enjoy.
    crxssi likes this.

Default Re: 30+ Reasons Why You Should Buy A Nexus 10

Meh, its way too buggy for me to recommend yet. And half my apps are phone apps or tablet apps not optimized for the resolution.

Here's a screen shot of my favorite game. Of all my Android devices and iOS devices the nexus 10 is the only one that it sucks on...

Machinarium

Its a small window in the middle of my screen. This happened after an update released today. The reason I updated is because I thought it fixed a bug that made me need to go into the developer options and turn on "force 4x msaa" to make the game work at all. Now I still need to do that plus its a tiny window...

HDMI out only works for 30 minutes or so (a lot of people report this) it will cause overheating too. Only fix is to reboot and you get another 30 minutes...

HBO Go no longer works...its choppy etc...

Everyone I've seen 3 (mine) and 2 in store have noticeable screen bleed.

The hardware is great but without quality software I'd recommend a different Android tablet. I just hope it gets better. I expected this to be an upgrade from my Xoom and frankly I'm not blown away.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's literally the only game/app/whatever that has not worked as well on an Android tablet as it does on a phone. Honestly those other issues will only affect a small group of people. Overall there really aren't many reasons to get an iPad 4 at least over a Nexus 10 unless you insist on getting Apple products and prefer them. Plus it shows how many benefits the Nexus 10 does have. I'd recommend this tablet to everyone that could benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    That's literally the only game/app/whatever that has not worked as well on an Android tablet as it does on a phone. Honestly those other issues will only affect a small group of people. Overall there really aren't many reasons to get an iPad 4 at least over a Nexus 10 unless you insist on getting Apple products and prefer them. Plus it shows how many benefits the Nexus 10 does have. I'd recommend this tablet to everyone that could benefit from it.
    I am sorry but iPad apps are far better then Android tablet apps, Android phones are now better then the iPhone(subjectively)
    The Hustleman likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    I am sorry but iPad apps are far better then Android tablet apps, Android phones are now better then the iPhone(subjectively)
    That's what I'm hearing but I have had nothing but perfection from Android apps on my tablet so I will respectfully disagree. I've never found tablet-optimized apps as big a deal as everyone makes them out to be.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

That's what I'm hearing but I have had nothing but perfection from Android apps on my tablet so I will respectfully disagree. I've never found tablet-optimized apps as big a deal as everyone makes them out to be.

Yes many people would be fine without as many optimised apps, Of course it depends on what apps you use.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yes many people would be fine without as many optimised apps, Of course it depends on what apps you use.
    It does indeed. Clearly I've been lucky so far, tho even if I wasn't I still find it to smell of BS anyway.

Thanked by:

It does indeed. Clearly I've been lucky so far, tho even if I wasn't I still find it to smell of BS anyway.

To spark discussion:

While the screen is amazing and so is 4.2.2 the review does note that a big disappointment was a lack of apps.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

To spark discussion:

While the screen is amazing and so is 4.2.2 the review does note that a big disappointment was a lack of apps.
    So? Reviewers like to throw those terms around all the time, besides most tech review sites are known to be biased these days so they'll say anything. That's why I only listen to the reviews here at AC, they don't waste time with stuff like that and benchmarks.

Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

For those of you that benefited from the articles I posted here: 50 Tips & Tricks for the Nexus 10 this same site has posted an article for people on the fence on whether or not they should buy a Nexus 10.

That is a good article and pretty much correct.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    That is a good article and pretty much correct.
    I honestly love the guy who owns this site, he's the only tech site I know that isn't biased in favor of Apple, he gets straight to the point, is fair to both sides, backs up what he says, and unlike some people I know (especially here at AC) he can handle people having different opinions than him. Though some trolls do manage to find their way to the comments.

That game plays great on every tablet I've use except the nexus 10 (Xoom, Tab 10.1 and Nexus 7).

Check out this thread...

I'm not a huge tablet gamer. I like the puzzle type games but there are A LOT more then just the game I like that don't play right....

Some games I've already paid for on previous tablets I can't even download on my Nexus 10...

Yeah sometimes i wonder what the reason its incompatible. some apps say that but can be sideloaded just fine.

I think that article taught me, there are two nfc sensors on this thing? and ive been turning it over this whole time!
    Thanked by:
    tkompass likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

@ Cynic: That's on the developer's side. Many games by Gameloft I played on my phone have the same problem where they aren't compatible with my N10, but that's up to the developer to make it compatible, it's not the tablet's fault. It's one of the side effects of the fragmentation of Android that is bound to happen to an open-source OS..

@y2whsiper: Yeah, I didn't know that either until I read this article but I never use NFC anyway.

Who makes the determination as to what devices an app can run on? The Developer? Google?

What prevents a Developer from creating an app for a phone then reselling the same app as a Tablet only app.
    The scaling is one of Androids great features are there any checks and balances in place to prevent abuse?
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    Who makes the determination as to what devices an app can run on? The Developer? Google?

What prevents a Developer from creating an app for a phone then reselling the same app as a Tablet only app.
    The scaling is one of Androids great features are there any checks and balances in place to prevent abuse?
    I have no idea, I am not an app developer.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    The developer. It is not a problem with "Fragmentation" as much as it is the developer placing restrictions on it and then not testing with other devices.

Nothing. They can do that if they wish. It would be kinda stupid, though. Users would be unhappy. Unhappy = lower ratings = lower sales.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by 3:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Anyway the point of this thread was so people that were trying to decide if they should get the Nexus 10 can make a decision.

love reading good things about N10
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.

Global Posts
    5,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

"Tablet Optimized Apps" is pretty misleading, given that every since 4.0 ICS, many (perhaps most?) apps are defaulted to scale appropriately through the integrated OS. This is more or less how they account for differences is screen size, etc. as well. "Optimizing" doesn't necessarily require a different app, it can be coded behind the scenes to show more options or a different layout within the same app, lessening costs for paid apps and centralizing reviews, comments, ratings, etc. and lessening confusion overall.
    crxssi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    "Tablet Optimized Apps" is pretty misleading, given that every since 4.0 ICS, many (perhaps most?) apps are defaulted to scale appropriately through the integrated OS. This is more or less how they account for differences is screen size, etc. as well. "Optimizing" doesn't necessarily require a different app, it can be coded behind the scenes to show more options or a different layout within the same app, lessening costs for paid apps and centralizing reviews, comments, ratings, etc. and lessening confusion overall.
    thats what i love about android. i use mint app and it look different on my nexus 4 and 10.
    I dont have to download 2 different app for my tablet and phone like they do on ipad and iphone.
    simple and less confusing.
    crxssi and Darth Spock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    thats what i love about android. i use mint app and it look different on my nexus 4 and 10.
    I dont have to download 2 different app for my tablet and phone like they do on ipad and iphone.
    simple and less confusing.
    I don't have to either some developers do that but not all for example I have wunderlist installed on my iPhone and iPad and that was universal.

Global Posts
    5,755 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I don't have to either some developers do that but not all for example I have wunderlist installed on my iPhone and iPad and that was universal.
    Agree, that functionality exists on both platforms, but it's not a "Tablet Optimized" app. The difference is really only in the extra storage space and/or extra cost of the App(s) to most end users. I'd rather not have Tapatalk 2 and Tapatalk HD, would be awesome to combine them and make the "Optimization" be behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicX View Post
    Some games I've already paid for on previous tablets I can't even download on my Nexus 10...

@ Cynic: That's on the developer's side. Many games by Gameloft I played on my phone have the same problem where they aren't compatible with my N10, but that's up to the developer to make it compatible, it's not the tablet's fault. It's one of the side effects of the fragmentation of Android that is bound to happen to an open-source OS..
    true. gameloft is nasty with that. I bought Asphalt 6, worked on my nexus S and HP touchpad running Android. now it doesnt work on my 4 and 10

Guess what?? Asphalt 7 works on nexus 4 and 10. suc it gameloft! never buying a game from you ever again.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast