What are Your Results re Kinivo 501 BN HDMI Switch & Nexus 10?

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I've read some favorable comments about using this switch. I have a Roku, Directv, and Samsung DVD player on my current switch. I'm thinking of changing to the Kinivo to be able to add the Nexus 10. Can you share any comments from your experience? Thanks so much for any responses.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Personally I am holding off on buying a HDMI switch until Key Lime Pie is released to see if Mirrorcast comes to the N10. If it does then I would rather incorporate wireless and get a switch that incorporates that technology.

One concern I would have is my cable box technically never stops sending a signal to the TV [it is always on] so switching automatically (based on active input) wouldn't work for me unless it detects "new active input" and switches from "existing active input" to the "new active input".

Currently my electronics runs through an A/V reciever and out to the TV but I am maxing out my HDMI ports on the reciever.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Personally I am holding off on buying a HDMI switch until Key Lime Pie is released to see if Mirrorcast comes to the N10. If it does then I would rather incorporate wireless and get a switch that incorporates that technology.

One concern I would have is my cable box technically never stops sending a signal to the TV [it is always on] so switching automatically (based on active input) wouldn't work for me unless it detects "new active input" and switches from "existing active input" to the "new active input".

Currently my electronics runs through an A/V reciever and out to the TV but I am maxing out my HDMI ports on the reciever.

Thanks for your comments. According to many customer reviews that I've read the switch does automatically sense the active input and switch to it. I did read one review where a person leaves all of his inputs on at all times. The switch comes with a mini remote to switch manually if you choose to. I have that setup now, but it only handles 3 inputs. Neither our laptop nor netbook have hdmi connectivity. I literally had to use a vga cable for the video and 1/8th jack-cable for the audio to hookup the netbook. Our Nexus 10 is on the way so now I'll be able to hookup via hdmi. I hope...

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
One review i saw mentioned that the Apple TV has an always on signal and they HAD to turn off active switching because of that. I would easily pay $25 more for an automatic solution that can deal with these devices like my cable box or Apple TV that never stop sending a signal.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I think that my Roku will have the same issue since it's on all the time. With the switch I have now, I have to use a little remote to change devices. There is no power switch on the roku that you can do from the roku remote either. Most of the time we are just using Directv. I got the switch (in transient) so that I can add the Nexus 10. We got our Samsung 46" hdtv in 2007 so neither it nor our samsung bluray dvd player have wifi. As you can see we have some limitations because of the age of our equipment--not to mention the age of it's geezer operators :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer