antivirus programs

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Are there antivirus programs for tablets? I have an N10? If so, which are the best?

This isn't MS-Windows. There really is no need for "antivirus" programs in Android. To avoid malware, don't sideload programs from questionable places.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
As long as you're smart about where you surf and only go to sites you know can be trusted then there's no threat. The same goes for downloads, make sure you know it comes from a trusted source.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If you surf the web, is there any potential problem? Downloads?

Make sure not to turn on and leave on the "install from untrusted sources" thing in settings and there isn't much risk of malware in Android. Even if that setting is on, you will still be asked before any program is ever installed.

bob mc1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. So that's good to hear...I just hope androids can maintain that edge against virus, and malware, crap ware etc.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. So that's good to hear...I just hope androids can maintain that edge against virus, and malware, crap ware etc.

There is plenty of Android malware out there. But it is almost all from people illegally downloading and installing contaminated, cracked apk files from pirate (a similar) sites. This is really easy to avoid/prevent... just don't do that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2