Nexus 10 memory leak

Duncan Mao

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I got the new Nexus 10. Haven't installed many apps. I noticed that if I watch youtube for over an hour, youtube crashes back to main menu. Then I noticed that the entire tablet turned extremely sluggish. I went to Apps in Settings and everything wast in the process of Restarting! Also, almost the entire RAM is used leaving between 40 - 90 MB's of Ram free!

I tried to take a screen shot of the situation. But apparently there's not enough memory to save the screen shot!

So I had to take a pic of the tablet with my cellphone.

What's going on?

Details:
Brand new (less than a few weeks old)
Android 4.2.2
Non-rooted
Nothing running in "SHOW CACHED PROCESSES"
The 8 apps running continually "Restarting"
I force close the apps. But even with only Settings and 2 system apps in the "Restarting" state, the memory is still 1.2Gb used.

Attachments

• Nexus-10-mem-leak.jpg
    Nexus-10-mem-leak.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 38

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd try a factory reset after backing up any necessary items and get google on the horn to document it incase you need a replacement.

EDIT: I'm assuming you've already tried power cycling the device

Last edited:

cho138

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I got the new Nexus 10. Haven't installed many apps. I noticed that if I watch youtube for over an hour, youtube crashes back to main menu. Then I noticed that the entire tablet turned extremely sluggish. I went to Apps in Settings and everything wast in the process of Restarting! Also, almost the entire RAM is used leaving between 40 - 90 MB's of Ram free!

I tried to take a screen shot of the situation. But apparently there's not enough memory to save the screen shot!

So I had to take a pic of the tablet with my cellphone.

What's going on?

Details:
Brand new (less than a few weeks old)
Android 4.2.2
Non-rooted
Nothing running in "SHOW CACHED PROCESSES"
The 8 apps running continually "Restarting"
I force close the apps. But even with only Settings and 2 system apps in the "Restarting" state, the memory is still 1.2Gb used.

i have this problem too!

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem sometimes with navigation and slacker radio. It only seems to happen under the second user I created for navigation. I've noticed nothing with Netflix but only run it for an hour or so. Slacker and navigation I'll have going for four hours plus. Typically I'll notice by the system shutting down things which it should not. I like to reset it before it crashes. I hope for a fix soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol