Deleting Apps

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I just recently got a Google Samsung Nexus 10 for my birthday. Love it, still learning the ropes around it thought.
My question is, is there any way to delete apps such as "Earth", "Google +", "Play Music", bottom line is, is there a way to remove apps that come with the tablet.
Like there are a few I see no use for and I know very well I will not use ("><) And me being a organizing freak they are really starting to tick me off!
I really want them off, REALLY, REALLY want them off! Is it possible, if so can someone please, please tell me how I should go about removing them.
Thank you (^^ )

Last edited:

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just recently got a Google Samsung Nexus 10 for my birthday. Love it, still learning the ropes around it thought.
My question is, is there any way to delete apps such ass "Earth", "Google +", "Play Music", bottom line is, is there a way to remove apps that come with the tablet.
Like there are a few I see no use for and I know very well I will not use ("><) And me being a organizing freak they are really starting to tick me off!
I really want them off, REALLY, REALLY want them off! Is it possible, if so can someone please, please tell me.
Thank you (^^ )

No... you can't delete any Google apps, but you can install a third party launcher like Nova or Apex and "hide" those apps.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My question is, is there any way to delete apps such ass "Earth", "Google +", "Play Music", bottom line is, is there a way to remove apps that come with the tablet.
I really want them off, REALLY, REALLY want them off! Is it possible, if so can someone please, please tell me.
Thank you (^^ )

Unfortunately there is no way to remove them because they are integrated. HOWEVER, if you use a launcher such as Nova/Apex launcher, there are options to just hide those and any other app you choose. plus a lot of other features that stock doesn't come with. I personally have Apex Launcher Pro. And I have hidden all those apps and the other apps I didn't want on my app drawer.

The other option is to Root your device, but for a beginner like yourself I would suggest against doing so. Hope that helps.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
well, you can disable the app and it wont run or appear on your device.

go to settings-->Apps-->All apps[extreme right]-->[select apps]-->Disable

do it for individual apps

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
If you really, REALLY want to delete those unwanted google apps, you can root and delete it but I would NOT recommend you to do that. By removing your google apps, your N10 might malfunction and void your waranty. I WOULD recommend methods above those fellow AC people posted, such as using third party launcher or disabling apps.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for your helpful information. It would be great if we had the option to delete unwanted apps, but I can see why removing some of them would be a bad idea and mess up my system.
Again thank you all

Grumpy Jim

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an observation to add to this thread. I am a new user of a Samsung google nexus 10 tablet and I was pondering the same question as I too like a tidy machine with NO WASTED SPACE.
Have taken on board previous comments, but I would like you consider the following:
For your info, while learning my nexus 10, I use my pc at the same time and download apps via pc to the tablet as II find it convenient and secure. I do not yet trust security on my tablet.
Now, on the tablet if you open apps/my apps, you will see your list of ALL your apps, pre installed, and added by you later with various options:- Some with only OPEN only, others nothing only and others with open or uninstall options.
I would have thought that the ones with open or uninstall as options could be removed from your device, otherwise, why would the option to uninstall be there?
Just my thoughts as a n10 newbie.
Regards, Grumpy Jim.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000