Nexus 10 users, do you regret your purchase? The good and the bad.

Lymie

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
So I'm about to buy my very first tablet, exciting business, I know.
But you all know how competitive the market is these days so yes this is another "Omg help me find a tablet please?!"

I've narrowed it down to the Xperia Z tablet [mainly because I'll have the phone by then]- waiting for the next Samsung lineup (maybe), or just going with the nexus 10.

And yes I know, the Nexus 10 is the best media/gaming tablet out there right now, what am I waiting for yadda yadda.
But I'd still like to hear what your personal, unbiased, opinion is.

With the information you have today, would you have waited for "the next great tablet"?
What are the pros and cons you've experienced with your nexus 10?

Thanks you guys!

Funduro

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Well what can I say: -
Cons - only thing that comes to mind is the notification led - its been a let down sometimes work sometimes doesnt and now has stopped working for the past few days. Its a handy tool for me. Another thing is that there is no SD card slot so you cant extend your memory. Many people might argue that 32 gb is enough but I dont agree even though till now I only have around 10 gb used up. No 3G model which would be handy for me in my country but not usable aborad as roaming rates are too expensive.
Pros - screen of course, weight is good, feel is nice (been told so by an Ipad user too). I have had no issues with crashing, reboots and so forth. Its been working seamlessly since i have had it for around 6 weeks now. Wifi is excellent, steady and fast with no issues.
If I had to wait for the next freat tablet i would probably never end up buying one. At the end of the day it all depends what your p[rimary use/objective in owning a tablet is going to be. I use it mostly for browsing, gaming and some light work using Kingston office app. It works brilliantly for all this. As in anything technological nowadays you just buy when you need an item and then when a new replacement comes along you have to evaluate if its worth dishing out the extra money to change/upgrade.
Thats my humble opinion :)

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Never, not for even an instant have I regretted buying a Nexus 10. I cant imagine myself with any other tablet right now.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I am happy with my N10.

For me, if I didn't have a tablet and was planning on getting one I would buy the N10. I've not heard of anything in the pipeline that will be available to purchase in the next 3 months. And that is my cut off. 6 months into the life of the top device I expect the next advancement to be worth waiting an aditional 3-4 months to purchase.

I firmly believe the N10 to remain on top for android for another 6 months.

Before you start comparing pros and cons of a device take a moment and figure out WHAT you want from a tablet and HOW you plan to use it. The N10 is right for me, but I readily admit it isn't the best tab for note taking. It has a beautiful screen but that is worthless if you are not viewing things that take advantage of it. I like the option of HDMI out but I've only needed it a couple of times[I am really hoping KLP unlocks miracast]. I don't need to carry it for days without charging son the battery life is sufficient for me.

Figure out how you're going to use your Tablet, then pick the two that best fit your usage then worry about a particular device's pros &cons

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
For those who don't realize: never listen to snook. He's been trolling the Nexus 10 ever since it came out, never posts any evidence behind his post and is just a troll.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Hah, you can't handle the truth, Rebut what I say. Prove me wrong.

I can rebute it with the fact that you're the only one that has consistently bashed it ever since release and the only one that claims to have lag especially when that would mean that you have a bad unit and can get it replaced and yet you insist on trolling about it over and over which is suspicious enough. There is no lag, and that is the truth, you just don't like to think you're wrong.

Plus there's the fact you had your posting rights in this section removed by the Mods because of trolling. That's proof enough, get over yourself lol your posts used to be fun to laugh at but now you're just irrelevant. ;)

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Side note: complaining a Wi-Fi only tablet doesn't have LTE is like complaining that a bicycle doesn't have 6 wheels. It isn't supposed to.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I can rebute it with the fact that you're the only one that has consistently bashed it ever since release and the only one that claims to have lag especially when that would mean that you have a bad unit and can get it replaced and yet you insist on trolling about it over and over which is suspicious enough. There is no lag, and that is the truth, you just don't like to think you're wrong.

Plus there's the fact you had your posting rights in this section removed by the Mods because of trolling. That's proof enough, get over yourself lol your posts used to be fun to laugh at but now you're just irrelevant. ;)

have to agree with you. looking at the post history he/she have not said any good about any Android devices but def make a pro comment on iDevices.
one example here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-0-vs-ipad-mini-vs-nexus-7-a.html#post2617269
Thanks for pointing out the troll.

here is something about itroll, they come here to defend because they feel threatened. I believe N10 is doing that. I am happy about that.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
have to agree with you. looking at the post history he/she have not said any good about any Android devices but def make a pro comment on iDevices.
one example here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-0-vs-ipad-mini-vs-nexus-7-a.html#post2617269
Thanks for pointing out the troll.

here is something about itroll, they come to defend they they feel threatened. I believe N10 is doing that. I am happy about that.

Another pro of the Nexus 10.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
All trolls aside.

This thing has been awesome. no lag on my end (except for when i disable HW overlays in dev settings, in other words don't do it) Haven't seen anything out there that would make me want to switch. I guess the main features would be if I wanted to use a stylus more, but then get the note tab. doesn't have infra red which is where everything is going back to but thats minor.

Oh the other pet peeve is the lack of a dock from Google, which is nothing new.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for about two months now. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase and would certainly do it again. For me, just having a Nexus device is worth whatever drawbacks there are. Since getting a Galaxy Nexus phone, I don't think I'll ever get a non-Nexus mobile device.

I think the pros are evident widely known, so I won't list them here. But the screen really is as good as advertised.

Some cons:
- Lack of a 3G option. This is something I was fully aware of when I bought it, and it really hasn't been an issue 99% of the time, but it would have been nice to have that option.
- Lack of tablet-optimized apps. This is more a general Android problem, and is becoming less and less of an issue as time goes on, but there are still some apps that are annoying.
- No expandable memory. I'm only putting this here because most people consider a negative. It doesn't bother me at all, especially since I got the 32 GB version. And if I ever reach a point where I need extra memory, there are ways to attach an external hard drive.

That's certainly not an exhaustive list, but it's what comes to mind off the top of my head - there really aren't any major issues that I've noticed. And again, the pros definitely outweigh the cons...I'm very happy with my purchase.

Edit: ywhisper reminded me of something that really is annoying: the lack of any ?official" accessories for the Nexus 10 (not just the dock). It is kind of puzzling why there aren't any official cases, docks, chargers, etc., especially now that it's been about 5 months since it was released.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for about two months now. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase and would certainly do it again. For me, just having a Nexus device is worth whatever drawbacks there are. Since getting a Galaxy Nexus phone, I don't think I'll ever get a non-Nexus mobile device.

I think the pros are evident widely known, so I won't list them here. But the screen really is as good as advertised.

Some cons:
- Lack of a 3G option. This is something I was fully aware of when I bought it, and it really hasn't been an issue 99% of the time, but it would have been nice to have that option.
- Lack of tablet-optimized apps. This is more a general Android problem, and is becoming less and less of an issue as time goes on, but there are still some apps that are annoying.
- No expandable memory. I'm only putting this here because most people consider a negative. It doesn't bother me at all, especially since I got the 32 GB version. And if I ever reach a point where I need extra memory, there are ways to attach an external hard drive.

That's certainly not an exhaustive list, but it's what comes to mind off the top of my head - there really aren't any major issues that I've noticed. And again, the pros definitely outweigh the cons...I'm very happy with my purchase.

Agreed. The only flaws with the Nexus 10 aren't even flaws depending on who you ask.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Some cons:

Edit: ywhisper reminded me of something that really is annoying: the lack of any ?official" accessories for the Nexus 10 (not just the dock). It is kind of puzzling why there aren't any official cases, docks, chargers, etc., especially now that it's been about 5 months since it was released.

agree. all cons are not cons for me. although more tablet optimized apps are always welcome.
that is chnaging with Nexus 7 and 10.
I try to pick app which are optimized for my N4 and N10.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I 've had mine a couple of weeks. It's great. I previously had an original Kindle Fire. I use Google voice, calendar, gmail, and play. I've been using them on my desktop. Everything sync'd over to the N10 with no problems, like bookmarks, contacts, etc.. This was the easiest setup ever. Only took a couple of minutes. No regrets here. No problems yet either. Some complain about lack of an SD card slot, but I got a usb connector and a 32gb tiny flashdrive. I'm not using the N10 as my only/primary computer so now I have all the storage that I'll ever need. I'm also using the pogo charger to help preserve my usb port YMMV.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I love my nexus 10. I use it very often, every day, and have loved it since the day I got it. Lol. It has been my 4th and favourite tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bob mc1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm a throw back to the bronze age and only got this so I could keep my wife company while she watches TV. We were going to get a lap top to replace an older one running XP that I could use in a recliner...that often times I even fall asleep with. My tech head son recommended this N10, HOLY COW! It even goes to sleep on its own,
safely finds itself a fold to nest away the night. Goes 3 or more days without a charge...now I can't imagine life without one.

I'm very pleased and grateful I didn't impulsively buy another laptop. Now life is good, we have a desk top, lap top and tablet...

...someday I'll even figure out where the delete key is so can fix text like the above.

We're not gamers so no lag issues here. I suppose if I had a complaint it would be my ham hands opening additional intrusive Ad windows ...even with ABP. A stylus is in the forecast so that will help lock down that minor annoyance.

Andrew Finlay

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
My biggest complaint was that it didn't have a micro SD slot. I resolved this by going to get a USB OTG adapter. They sell for about a dollar or so on amazon and you can use any USB storage to stream videos with it. The only downside is you need a $3 app from the app store to run it called Nexus Media Importer. You need root to have read/write access to the USB storage, but if you just want to watch movies, then no root required. There's also the option to have cloud accounts like Dropbox or Google Drive. Again, not a huge deal because of all the options.

anthony9999

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
im buzzing with my nexus 10 have not put it down for days since i received it

got the 32gb more than enough for everyone
i just drag and drop files to and fro as and when needed deleting things i had watched
that in itself is like a breath of fresh when compared to itunes which i hated when i had a ipad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781