Nexus 10 users, do you regret your purchase? The good and the bad.

big matty

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The first N10 I got turned out to be defective, and it took me a while to figure out that was going on. Since I got my RMA unit I have been 100% happy w/ the Nexus 10!

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Came from a line of iPads. Switched my phone to HTC One and shortly afterwards to a Nexus 10. Great decision. I love the keyboard - this swiping motion for entries is just awesome. I just wish the Nexus 4 had LTE, then my whole mobile world would have been nexus-based.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 has Tegra 3 which is 4 A9 cores. Nexus 10 has Krait, two A15 cores. Despite the 7 having more cores, the A15 trounces it.

A little bit incorrect. The Nexus 10 has Samsungs's Exynos 5250 Dual Core processor. The Kriat CPU is from Qualcomm, and isn't a full fledge A15 core, but is often considerd compareable since it has allot in common with the A-15 design from ARM. In a straight up comparison a A-15 core will beat Kriat. With that said though it isn't by such a huge margin to make a big deal about it. The really big deal with the Exynos is the Mali 625 GPU core that allows 3D at such a high resolution.

Also Kriat and the A-15 based Exynos CPU's will pretty much destroy any tegra 3 device in raw performance.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
A little bit incorrect. The Nexus 10 has Samsungs's Exynos 5250 Dual Core processor. The Kriat CPU is from Qualcomm, and isn't a full fledge A15 core, but is often considerd compareable since it has allot in common with the A-15 design from ARM. In a straight up comparison a A-15 core will beat Kriat. With that said though it isn't by such a huge margin to make a big deal about it. The really big deal with the Exynos is the Mali 625 GPU core that allows 3D at such a high resolution.

Also Kriat and the A-15 based Exynos CPU's will pretty much destroy any tegra 3 device in raw performance.

Tegra processors are way to over rated.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The biggest letdown for me is the build quality. Every time I pick up the device, the backside caves in with a popping sound :-/

Otherwise, mine's perfect

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well yes and no. I really don't think you can beat a good tegra optimized app when the CPU is in the same class as everything else. So when you had the Exynos 4412, the Snapdragon S3 and then other compareable Coretex A9 based CPU's, they were top notch. The problem is for tegra to compete with Krait and the A-15 based Exynos CPU's we need the new tegra 4 SOC. The biggest thing Tegra has for it is Nvidia's strong push to support developer optimisations. None of the other SOC's have really good support for Graphic support optimaztion. And sometimes the OEM's like Samsung almost do the darndest to upset developers by not providing everything external developers need to really optimize for there platform.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The biggest letdown for me is the build quality. Every time I pick up the device, the backside caves in with a popping sound :-/

Otherwise, mine's perfect

I don't get that. Mine is built pretty tough, and definately doesn't feel that frail. The original Galaxy tab kind of did that when I lookd it. It is the main reason I ended up returning it and just keeping a xoom.

bjjturk

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Best tablet so far.
Sold my iPad 3 and got this beautiful nexsus and I ant going back.
Can the iPad use torrents NO
Can the iPad use flash drives NO
Can the iPad download anything apart from apps No ,but the nexsus 10 can do all that ;)
Enough said

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Best tablet so far.
Can the iPad download anything apart from apps No ,but the nexsus 10 can do all that ;)
Enough said
And it can do so much more. :D

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Best tablet so far.
Enough said

It's called jail breaking bro. Besides the iPad is more of an entertainment device and it excels at that.It also excels as my note taker because pages syncs across my MacBook and iPad.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It's called jail breaking bro. Besides the iPad is more of an entertainment device and it excels at that.It also excels as my note taker because pages syncs across my MacBook and iPad.

Even with jailbreaking it still falls short in some areas though.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz