Nexus 10 users, do you regret your purchase? The good and the bad.

anon(638630)

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I really love the N10 I use it for browsing, reading and also download torrents. The o la two complaints I have are the tablet optimized apps that there aren't many in comparison to the iPad and also its weird that the YouTube app stops streaming and it just says buffering but it doesn't buffer at all. I can only watch YouTube videos directly from the chrome browser, other than that I am very happy with it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
The nexus 10 is my first tablet, and I think I'm probably gonna disagree with many people here :l

First of all, yeah its an awesome tablet, especially when watching YouTube or movies/videos or playing HD games or reading articles

Here's the part pissing me off at times. Occasional lag, and not just minor lag, but stuttering, screen all of a sudden going unresponsive, I press the lock button and the screen locks, I press it again the screen doesn't unlock, sometimes after awhile it works fine, but sometimes it automatically reboots, or I have to force restart it. This happens at least once a day, and it's happened more than enough times for me to know it doesn't happen when using just one or two specific apps, but at random. Sometimes the tablet won't even unlock from sleep coz of this, and then I force restart it.

This REALLY pisses me off, especially when I'm doing some productive work in uni and it just gets stuck and reboots, I'm probably gonna be taking my Mac to uni instead for exam revision :S

I asked on a Google+ community about this, showed a guy a few bug reports, and he said it seemed to be some OS bug which was not replacing used up RAM once the process was complete, and that the tablet was freezing due to shortage of RAM, so a replacement wouldn't fix it, but occasional rebooting would help. But still this is really frustrating

Another obvious complaint about the Nexus 10 would be the lack of accessory support from Google itself. A cover shows up 6 months after release, and we are supposed to go for 3rd parties for any other kind of accessory :S

Btw, not rooted, Nova launcher, and a few background apps like Swipepad and Glovebox running constantly

Also planning on doing a factory reset when the new update is released. At times I wonder if I should've waited for the next version of the Nexus 10 :S

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
7 months in and still loving my N10. Between the latest version of Android and switching to the nexus 10 book coverI only have the occasional lock up. I can't help but wonder if my 3rd party case was to blame for soem of my lock ups. the only other change I've made has been Multiple user accounts. I've added seprate accounts for my kids so they can game separately.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
For Me,
Owning the N10 were the 10 worst days I've ever experienced with an electronic device.. Thank Goodness I purchased it at a local Walmart.. Next to no "Tablet Optimized" Apps and the Gawd Awful Light-Bleed watching any movie that had dark scenes.. and my N10 was one of the good ones compared to some of the pics that were posted in that thread.. ( The first 5 mins of Thor really tells the story if your N10 has bad Light-Bleed around that edges of the screen ) switched sides, and have been 100% satisfied since.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
For Me,
Owning the N10 were the 10 worst days I've ever experienced with an electronic device.. Thank Goodness I purchased it at a local Walmart.. Next to no "Tablet Optimized" Apps and the Gawd Awful Light-Bleed watching any movie that had dark scenes.. and my N10 was one of the good ones compared to some of the pics that were posted in that thread.. ( The first 5 mins of Thor really tells the story if your N10 has bad Light-Bleed around that edges of the screen ) switched sides, and have been 100% satisfied since.

Obviously it wasn't one of the good ones if you had those issues as plenty of is have had no issues.

But the fact you were so eager to switch, before trying to get it replaced makes me think you were trying to hate it.

Posted via Android Central App

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Demonix

My Nexus 10 tablet is blacking out even if its 100% battery then when i turn it on it says 0%

Thats whats happening to my tablet now.. now i want to know how this warranty procedure goes.

Im from the Philippines, and nexus 10 didnt go out in the market here so I bought it from someone who buyed it from korea or in the states

Now I asked the person i bought it from , if they cover warranty. but they just refered me to a gadget shop in Robinsons Manila

What I want to know is that , if I can have this fixed in a Samsung service center or not . will they honor my warranty?

Im afraid of having it repaired in a gadget shop , since they are obviously not authorized.

Suggestions guys? i dont know if its the battery or the screen thats the problem .

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Demonix

My Nexus 10 tablet is blacking out even if its 100% battery then when i turn it on it says 0%

Thats whats happening to my tablet now.. now i want to know how this warranty procedure goes.

Im from the Philippines, and nexus 10 didnt go out in the market here so I bought it from someone who buyed it from korea or in the states

Now I asked the person i bought it from , if they cover warranty. but they just refered me to a gadget shop in Robinsons Manila

What I want to know is that , if I can have this fixed in a Samsung service center or not . will they honor my warranty?

Im afraid of having it repaired in a gadget shop , since they are obviously not authorized.

Suggestions guys? i dont know if its the battery or the screen thats the problem .

Get it replaced.

Posted via Android Central App

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The nexus 10 is my first tablet, and I think I'm probably gonna disagree with many people here :l

First of all, yeah its an awesome tablet, especially when watching YouTube or movies/videos or playing HD games or reading articles

Here's the part pissing me off at times. Occasional lag, and not just minor lag, but stuttering, screen all of a sudden going unresponsive, I press the lock button and the screen locks, I press it again the screen doesn't unlock, sometimes after awhile it works fine, but sometimes it automatically reboots, or I have to force restart it. This happens at least once a day, and it's happened more than enough times for me to know it doesn't happen when using just one or two specific apps, but at random. Sometimes the tablet won't even unlock from sleep coz of this, and then I force restart it.

This REALLY pisses me off, especially when I'm doing some productive work in uni and it just gets stuck and reboots, I'm probably gonna be taking my Mac to uni instead for exam revision :S

I asked on a Google+ community about this, showed a guy a few bug reports, and he said it seemed to be some OS bug which was not replacing used up RAM once the process was complete, and that the tablet was freezing due to shortage of RAM, so a replacement wouldn't fix it, but occasional rebooting would help. But still this is really frustrating

Another obvious complaint about the Nexus 10 would be the lack of accessory support from Google itself. A cover shows up 6 months after release, and we are supposed to go for 3rd parties for any other kind of accessory :S

Btw, not rooted, Nova launcher, and a few background apps like Swipepad and Glovebox running constantly

Also planning on doing a factory reset when the new update is released. At times I wonder if I should've waited for the next version of the Nexus 10 :S

I'm not a big accessories guy so I can do without those. However the freezing and rebooting issues are unacceptable. If it's chrome causing them then that's even more unacceptable as it's a Google app for crying out loud.

The worst part is it happens when your actually trying to multitask. So you'll be switching between apps and bam frozen.

I do experience occasional lag too but that's few and far between.

If Google could fix the random reboots this tablet would be 5 stars easy. As such it's about a 3.

If the next update doesn't fix it I am going to sell and get one of the newly announced transformers.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It's probably one of the apps I'm using, or some OS bug. I'm pretty sure it's not due to multi tasking, Android should be managing that automatically. And multitasking should only be causing lag, not freezing and rebooting

Having used a Galaxy Nexus and currently using a Nexus 4, I just expected a LOT from the Nexus 10, the bugs are a real bummer :eek:(

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It's probably one of the apps I'm using, or some OS bug. I'm pretty sure it's not due to multi tasking, Android should be managing that automatically. And multitasking should only be causing lag, not freezing and rebooting

Having used a Galaxy Nexus and currently using a Nexus 4, I just expected a LOT from the Nexus 10, the bugs are a real bummer :eek:(
Get it replaced, mine has no bugs or issues at all.

kagra003

May 26, 2013
Visit site
wouldn't buy again...... photos aren't sharp enough....... screen isn't as responsive as should be... there is a utube video that really illustrates this..... it's totally ridiculous..... bunch of other oddities too numerous to list..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital