I don't want same apps on my Google devices, Nexus 10 wants to Sync.

DroidzInSpace

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a droid (Motorola Razr M) and just got a Google tablet (Nexus 10). Naturally I want gmail to sync, calendar, and other google features. etc. But the tablet started downloading all the apps I have on my mobile (once I activated the Nexus). I don't want this. I want to select and download my tablet apps independently. I imagine that many users want to do this too. I've tried to edit settings and figure this out for quite a while, but I'm stuck. In the mean time I've disabled WiFi to stop it.

I've searched hard to find this answer, and I see the sync options on the tablet similar to what's on my mobile. But it isn't apparent where I can disable that part of the sync process. :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
when you login to N10 for the first time there is an option(checkbox)to download all the settings from your other device.
you probably would have missed it. then you have to install whatever app you want.
if you want to startover all again. factory reset and login again.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a droid (Motorola Razr M) and just got a Google tablet (Nexus 10). Naturally I want gmail to sync, calendar, and other google features. etc. But the tablet started downloading all the apps I have on my mobile (once I activated the Nexus). I don't want this. I want to select and download my tablet apps independently. I imagine that many users want to do this too. I've tried to edit settings and figure this out for quite a while, but I'm stuck. In the mean time I've disabled WiFi to stop it.

I've searched hard to find this answer, and I see the sync options on the tablet similar to what's on my mobile. But it isn't apparent where I can disable that part of the sync process. :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

It's tied to the option at the onset of the first log in where it asks if you want Google to backup your devices, blah blah. I'm not sure where to find that option after the fact; but you want to tell it no initially to prevent this.

DroidzInSpace

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh great! It won't take but a few minutes to factory reset since I just got it, and I'll make the needed adjustments in those settings.

Thanks to you both for the help! The Nexus 10 looks and works beautiful so far!

Thanks! :D

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't have this problem at all. I think you just need to uninstall the Apps it loaded and you will be fine. I've got two phones and two tablets as well as an extra user on the nexus 10 and I don't have this problem.