Multiple device - find tablet/phone

aradlahiji

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a find my phone app that has multi device support and web enabled (not SMS)

I have 3 devices:
Galaxy nexus
Nexus 10
Nexus 4 (used as mp3 player only - no phone number attached)

You would think this would be built into android.

Thanks in advance!

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a find my phone app that has multi device support and web enabled (not SMS)

I have 3 devices:
Galaxy nexus
Nexus 10
Nexus 4 (used as mp3 player only - no phone number attached)

You would think this would be built into android.

Thanks in advance!

I use Lookout on my SG3, Nexus 7 and Wife's Incredible 2. I accidentally set up the SG3 and Nexus 7 on the same email. I when I go to mylookout dot com website it allows me to choose high device to look into or locate. I have wife's on her email that I know how to access if she lost her device.

I tried detaching them and using an alternate email for the N7 but can't figure it out. Basically, it works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
There is something you should consider. With a wi-fi only tab you can only use the location features of security apps IF the missing Tablet has an active wi-fi connection while it is missing. This means the function will work fine if you are trying to locate which room in the house you left your tablet. However if someone steals your Tablet you will need them to synch wireless with the router where they have the Tablet without wiping your security off the tablet. If, like me, you have the screen locked then they will never beable to synch wireless without wiping which means we also won't be able to locate the tablet.

In short there is not a good "find my tablet" solution for wi-fi only Tablets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer