Comparing Ipad, Surface, and Asus 300f

brycej817

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No one would accuse me of being an Apple FanBoy. I have hated Apple for 30 years. But I recently went to the Apple Store, the Microsoft Store, and Staples and did some icon touching. To see how responsive they were. Now my finger is a little bit wiggly.

I have also briefly had a Nexus 10 and returned it. I am not sure whether it was defective or whether I was. On the Nexus 10, the bottom icons (that never move) worked perfectly for me. But the regular icons I had to tap repeatedly. Now maybe I am confusing it. If my finger wiggles a bit, it may think I am trying to move the icon instead of getting the icon to call up the app. I had the same problem trying out the Asus 300f. The MS Surface worked a little better. But the Ipad icons seemed to always work.

So am I going to buy an Ipad? I still hate Apple! I ended up buying an Acer Win 8 netbook. Win 8 UI is horrible but can easily be replaced to look and act like Win 7 UI.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
No one would accuse me of being an Apple FanBoy. I have hated Apple for 30 years. But I recently went to the Apple Store, the Microsoft Store, and Staples and did some icon touching. To see how responsive they were. Now my finger is a little bit wiggly.

I have also briefly had a Nexus 10 and returned it. I am not sure whether it was defective or whether I was. On the Nexus 10, the bottom icons (that never move) worked perfectly for me. But the regular icons I had to tap repeatedly. Now maybe I am confusing it. If my finger wiggles a bit, it may think I am trying to move the icon instead of getting the icon to call up the app. I had the same problem trying out the Asus 300f. The MS Surface worked a little better. But the Ipad icons seemed to always work.

So am I going to buy an Ipad? I still hate Apple! I ended up buying an Acer Win 8 netbook. Win 8 UI is horrible but can easily be replaced to look and act like Win 7 UI.

Why the hell would you want to make a tablet interface look like Windows 7? Why the hell are you posting this in a Nexus 10 forum?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by your finger is a bit wiggly? And I'm guessing each OS simply differs in how the icons on your homescreen act.

brycej817

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My finger is a little wiggly because I have common inherited condition known as essential tremor. Not dangerous, but annoying somewhat.
Quite a few people have it. My gfather had, my mom, me, my 2 sons, but not my daughter. I know several others who have it. About 10% have it.
And no I don't buy Apple. Ever.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I just did a quick search so I see what you mean now. As for why the iPad icons work better for you, like I said it must be how the OS handles the icons in some way.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
My finger is a little wiggly because I have common inherited condition known as essential tremor. Not dangerous, but annoying somewhat.
Quite a few people have it. My gfather had, my mom, me, my 2 sons, but not my daughter. I know several others who have it. About 10% have it.
And no I don't buy Apple. Ever.
iPad looks the best for you.

brycej817

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have to confess that I do use one Apple product.

Ipaper.

I buy it on eBay.

Good to wipe my...

I would like to try a Nexus 10 again to see whether my former one had a problem or whether I was the problem.
I may have to wait for the new Google stores. If I have a mobile device, it will be Android not Ios.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have to say that was a bit unnecessary bryce. You hate Apple, that's fine but you don't need to bash one of their products every time you post.

Also, given your finger condition it might be more you, but that's just my guess.

Alex trebek

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Wow, so he chose something that did not agree with him, because he hates a company *face palm* *face palm* *face palm* *face palm* *head desk* *head desk*

I used to be that man. Then I realized it depended on the person and stopped whining about apple. I have an ipad currently, however I didn't want it or buy it(hammy down) however it is good for what it does and has a stellar app selection. I was considering a MS Surface. Any opinions oh wise ones?

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I used to be that man. Then I realized it depended on the person and stopped whining about apple. I have an ipad currently, however I didn't want it or buy it(hammy down) however it is good for what it does and has a stellar app selection. I was considering a MS Surface. Any opinions oh wise ones?

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
Waste of money, the Nexus 10 is awesome nearly as much as the iPad.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
I don't really know anything about MS tablets, the commercials are useless for saying what it can do besides "LOOOOOK IT HAS A KEYPAD AND A STYLUS, NOW LISTEN AS RANDOM PEOPLE DANCE AROUND WHILE PRETENDING TO USE IT AND WE PLAY THE DUMB *CLICK* SOUND 13829293 TIMES IN A 2 MINUTE COMMERCIAL!!! YAY, BUY OUR PRODUCT!" I know the Surface ones are expensive though. Might have to just read some reviews.

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't really know anything about MS tablets, the commercials are useless for saying what it can do besides "LOOOOOK IT HAS A KEYPAD AND A STYLUS, NOW LISTEN AS RANDOM PEOPLE DANCE AROUND WHILE PRETENDING TO USE IT AND WE PLAY THE DUMB *CLICK* SOUND 13829293 TIMES IN A 2 MINUTE COMMERCIAL!!! YAY, BUY OUR PRODUCT!" I know the Surface ones are expensive though. Might have to just read some reviews.

Oh, you watched that ad too? I was forced to watch it because I was watching something on youtube, and there was that ad before it. I hated the music in that commercial, and it was useless for showing any of the actual functions.

I know that some people really hate some brand with all their heart, but you really should choose a product based on whether it will work best for you. Don't just ignore a product because you hate the brand. Choose a product because it fits you the best.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh, you watched that ad too? I was forced to watch it because I was watching something on youtube, and there was that ad before it. I hated the music in that commercial, and it was useless for showing any of the actual functions.
Those commercials are a waste of everyone's time, completely useless and just annoying. Makes me want not to get one.

Oh also, it's not just that ad, ALL their ads are just that.

MFmonster

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow, so he chose something that did not agree with him, because he hates a company *face palm* *face palm* *face palm* *face palm* *head desk* *head desk*

This, unfortunately, is a common theme in society. In politics people often vote against their best interests. In this case perhaps an ipad may have been the best device for the individual, but again makes a purchase against their best interest.

The thing that I find intriguing is how different the devices are and OP your post is not really comparing like your post's title, but dogging an OS and a company and sharing what you did purchase. The comment W8 is bad is subjective and I find the comment tired. It is like parrots, they hear something and repeat it. Also, the ipad is a great product but is best not to compare to a laptop or a PC. Different devices for different needs really. All are good in their respective ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech