Please Help.

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to try to sounds as nice as I possibly can but I am on the verge of exploding so forgive me for my bad "language" it's rather hard to help myself right now ( >_<)
My problem is, on my Nexus 10 [witch I haven't even had for a month] Google Chrome is ******* pissing me off! Some of my bookmark folders are missing! They were there a week ago, I had no problem with bookmarks before. However when I checked today my "Desktop Bookmarks" folder and my "Other Bookmarks" folder are gone missing ( ._.) I cleared my cache hoping that would fix it, I uninstalled the updates hoping that might work, but nothing I did worked! My Mobile Bookmarks folder is still there [which might I add is ******* USELESS!]
Now I did not sink my computer bookmarks with my Nexus 10. [Don't know if that helps.] I never sinked my Nexus 10 with my computer.
I did check if my mom was having the same problem on her Nexus 10, and no all her folders are still there (-_- )
Bottom line is I want my missing folders on my Nexus 10 Google Chrome back so I can get my Desktop Bookmarks and be done with Google Chrome. Have had NOTHING but trouble with Google Chrome ever since I started using it! ("><)
How do I go about getting back my missing folders?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to try to sounds as nice as I possibly can but I am on the verge of exploding so forgive me for my bad "language" it's rather hard to help myself right now ( >_<)
My problem is, on my Nexus 10 [witch I haven't even had for a month] Google Chrome is ******* pissing me off! Some of my bookmark folders are missing! They were there a week ago, I had no problem with bookmarks before. However when I checked today my "Desktop Bookmarks" folder and my "Other Bookmarks" folder are gone missing ( ._.) I cleared my cache hoping that would fix it, I uninstalled the updates hoping that might work, but nothing I did worked! My Mobile Bookmarks folder is still there [which might I add is ******* USELESS!]
Now I did not sink my computer bookmarks with my Nexus 10. [Don't know if that helps.] I never sinked my Nexus 10 with my computer.
I did check if my mom was having the same problem on her Nexus 10, and no all her folders are still there (-_- )
Bottom line is I want my missing folders on my Nexus 10 Google Chrome back so I can get my Desktop Bookmarks and be done with Google Chrome. Have had NOTHING but trouble with Google Chrome ever since I started using it! ("><)
How do I go about getting back my missing folders?

I don't have a Nexus 10, but give this a try. Go into Settings>Application Manager>and tap on Chrome. Tap Clear cache. Back out to the main Settings menu and go to Accounts and tap Google. Then sync all of your Google sync items like internet etc...see if that helps.

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
So everyone is telling me pretty much the same thing, witch is rather useless to me considering I do not use Chrome on my computer and hardly use it on my tablet. I just want the folders that where once there back. :'(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So everyone is telling me pretty much the same thing, witch is rather useless to me considering I do not use Chrome on my computer and hardly use it on my tablet. I just want the folders that where once there back. :'(

Do you have an auto sync setting on your tablet? You can try that and then open Chrome.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Sync still needs to be turned on if you want the desktop bookmarks to be there...otherwise it will only display mobile bookmarks.

From your Tablet, Make sure that Chrome is set up to sync from your Google Account settings.
From Chrome on your desktop, go to the Settings page and under "Advanced Sync Settings", ensure that 'bookmarks' is enabled.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If it helps think of Synching as a lesser sort of backup of your book marks. You don't NEED to use Chrome on your desktop, but IF you ever find yourself in a situation where you do , then all your Bookmarks wil be availabe to you.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
If it helps think of Synching as a lesser sort of backup of your book marks. You don't NEED to use Chrome on your desktop, but IF you ever find yourself in a situation where you do , then all your Bookmarks wil be availabe to you.

Right...you're syncing each with your account on Google's servers...you're not syncing your phone directly to your computer.

To have "desktop bookmarks" available, you need to enable sync on your desktop browser. To view those "desktop bookmarks" on your phone, you need to sync your mobile browser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma