• 1 Post By elvisgp
  • 1 Post By kilen71
  • 1 Post By masqueofhastur
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Default My nexus 7 got cracked, nexus 10 time?

So as the title says, I dropped my nexus 7 facedown and it cracked in the middle of the screen. That part of the screen is currently unusable. I was wondering if I should get another nexus 7, wait for the new one at I/0 or get a nexus 10. Chances are though that the new nexus 7 prob wont have better specs than the 10. I currently use my 7 for notes in school, YouTube, and browsing the Web/forums. So which tablet do you guys recommend? Is the nexus 10 better for notes and the like?
    Sent from my jelly bean flavored note 2

Default Re: My nexus 7 got cracked, nexus 10 time?

Quote Originally Posted by elvisgp View Post
    So as the title says, I dropped my nexus 7 facedown and it cracked in the middle of the screen. That part of the screen is currently unusable. I was wondering if I should get another nexus 7, wait for the new one at I/0 or get a nexus 10. Chances are though that the new nexus 7 prob wont have better specs than the 10. I currently use my 7 for notes in school, YouTube, and browsing the Web/forums. So which tablet do you guys recommend? Is the nexus 10 better for notes and the like?
    I world wait because from what I hear current nexus 10 struggles a little to push all those pixels! So hopefully we see a nexus 7 with higher spec processor

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I usually see breaking a device as an opportunity to buy something new, rather than just replacing it.

In my experience the Nexus 7 and 10 support different styles of use, especially consider in the 7 is aimed largely for portrait use, while the 10 landscape. While you can certainly accomplish the same tasks on the 10 as you can on the 7, they may not feel the same. Also, unless you're playing demanding games or playing high-bitrate video with hardware decoding, you probably won't benefit much from any upgrades over the current Nexus 10.

If you want a 10, get one. It's a fantastic device. If you aren't sure, go into a local retailer such as Staples and try using one for a while.

Get a ipad mini
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    In my experience the Nexus 7 and 10 support different styles of use, especially consider in the 7 is aimed largely for portrait use, while the 10 landscape. While you can certainly accomplish the same tasks on the 10 as you can on the 7, they may not feel the same. Also, unless you're playing demanding games or playing high-bitrate video with hardware decoding, you probably won't benefit much from any upgrades over the current Nexus 10.

If you want a 10, get one. It's a fantastic device. If you aren't sure, go into a local retailer such as Staples and try using one for a while.
    My friend has an ipad for school and notes, and I always have been a little bit jealous of that larger screen. I think while the nexus 7 is more portable, the nexus 10 probably won't be an issue, since I can just put it into my backpack. Plus I want that awesome screen! So yeah, I'm leaning heavily towards the 10 right now.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I upgraded from the Nexus 7 to the Nexus 10 a month ago and I'm very happy that I did. The 7 is a wonderful device, but the 10 knocks it out of the park. Better screen and way better sound. The screen size make web browsing, videos, and reading much easier. For me it was a wonderful upgrade.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    ROM
    Carbon Rom

At least if I get the 10 now, it's guaranteed to get 5.0, right?

Quote Originally Posted by elvisgp View Post
    At least if I get the 10 now, it's guaranteed to get 5.0, right?

Nexus devices will get all available updates until Google decides the hardware is no longer able to support the software updates. The N7 will get 5.0, as will the N10, the N4, and (I assume) the Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
    Thanked by:

Yeah, support stops when it's impractical to continue providing it.
    dancing-bass likes this.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Both perform well but Nexus 10 is better. It has a better resolution, better storage and an excellent build