16GB or 32GB?

masqueofhastur

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I just recently dropped my 32GB PlayBook and cracked the screen, which costs more to replace than getting a new PlayBook, and I don't like re-buying the same thing I just broke (unless there really isn't anything better to get), so the Nexus 10 is the primary device I'm interested in.

Now that both models are available on the Canadian Play store, I actually need to choose. I can afford the 32GB model, so as far as that goes, price isn't much of a problem, but at the same time $100 more for 16GB is just absurd. So, those of you who have 16GB Nexus 10s, have you run out of space on it? Those of you with 32GB, do you think you got your money's worth? On the PlayBook I used up a bit more space than 16GB, but that could have been fairly easily solved by deleting stuff I wasn't using anymore. At the same time, with the Nexus 10's resolution I figure I might end up putting more storage consuming data on it.

Nexus10Ruth

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the 32gb Nexus 10. I've put one year's worth of photos, some music and all my kindle library. It's used about a quarter of the capacity. I'm going to be without wifi for a month and will be loading it up with films. But I've also bought an OTG micro usb adaptor so actually all my films could be stored on pendrives. With that option I think 16gb would be fine.:)

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
It's funny you ask this question because I was just pondering it myself. I have the 32GB and I still have 21.67GB free. It's easy to think with the 32GB "Ya I could have went with the 16 GB." But one must turn the tables. If I had bought the 16GB I would likely be thinking "I'm going to be short on space in no time." If you root it you are going to want flashable backups stored on there as well, which are about 2GB each. I still haven't gotten around to rooting it because I have been a crack flasher with my GS3, and I want to enjoy the vanilla experience Nexus devices provide until I get bored with it. In the end, due to the fact it has no memory card slot and you said you can afford it the safe bet is the 32GB. That's just me, though. To each their own.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Lodovik

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same question once when buying a new tablet. Now, when I bought my Nexus 10, I asked myself: "If I buy the 16GB version and in one year someone offers me to double the internal capacity for $100, I would probably accept" so I no longer hesitate about this anymore and I buy the maximum capacity I can afford.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the 32 gig because I travel a lot & load up several movies & lots of music before I leave for a business trip as 16 hours on an airplane requires lots of entertainment! Plus WiFi tethering in foreign countries is expensive as hell! In addition, I load up books, magazines & have about 200 apps on mine. Right now I have 21 gigs used. The 32 is worth it to me for sure.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the 32 GB. I am not allowed to acess my corporate wi-fi from a personal device so I download movies onto the device for viewing. I have often found myself 1ith less than 16 GB of available space on my tablet so I know I would have filled it if I had a smaller device.

I've never regretted having unused storage. I have kicked myself on numerous occasions for not having ENOUGH storage.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Finally got around to rooting my Nexus 10. If you want to root you will definitely want the extra space. I'm not saying that it can't be done with the 16GB, but it would be quite a pain having to continuously move files off your device to your computer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Depends one what you are using then device for. We have a Xoom which is 32 GB with a 64 GB SD card and a 128 GB iPad. Needless to say my Nexus got filled up extremely quickly! I need to remove things to install new things. So I would go with the 32 GB if you don't use it its not like you'll miss it and it will help resale....

I really wish there was at least a 64 GB option. Apple pushes cloud computing card and they have 4x the amount of space available...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
When the iPad 1 came out, I bought the 64 GB version. I'll probably go with the 16 GB N10 because at least for me, apps are like cable TV: In theory, having hundreds at my fingertips sounds great, but I don't use more than a dozen on a regular basis. So why pay $100 to store a bunch of stuff I rarely use?

Another reason is because Wi-Fi is almost always available where I use a tablet, so Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, et al provide access to whatever I can't fit on the device.

YMMV.

morridoom

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
32GB for me, as I do store a bunch of videos and movies to watch when in boredom. This is when I'm out and does not have access to wifi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol