Nexus and External Hard Drives?

Corpus Hermeticum

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I just bought the Nexus 10. Ihave the following problem though.

I am going abroad for about 4 months so i am going to use my new tablet for movies and music. I have 2 external HDDs (USB 3) 2TB each. One with music and one with movies and TV shows. I want a way to connect them wireless to my tablet. I found a Seagate WiFi HDD but its almost 150 euros for 500GB and its too much.

Is there a way (through some device) that i can connect the drives to a wifi dongle and the table can connect to the dongle and read the disk files through the dongle via wifi?

Thank you

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
in what format are the hard-drives? FAT or NTFS? --this question merely applies to whether or not the tablet will recognize them via their format.

*note of warning = some hard-drives require more power than is supplied via USB by gadgets (my 120gb portable WesternDigital, FAT32, isn't recognized by my GNEX)

as for connecting the HD's to a device to allow them accessibility via wifi by the tablet, I don't believe such a device exists without employing some method such as setting them up as FTTP/NAS on a home-network of wifi and connecting to that Wifi with the tablet, while employing some sort of file-manager app (Astro?).
The Seagate Wireless Satellite HD (500GB) is actually a really great device & easy to use (brother-in-law has one).
I could be mistaken, if so--please correct.

BensonClark

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
There are such products that can help to access the storage HDD on iOS or Android devices. Such as the HooToo? TripMate Wireless Router.
You can also share Musics/Videos between the mobile devices as long as they are within the same networkd as the TripMate.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yea. I think you have to have them mounted on a LAN as shared drives for this. Most routers now have USB ports to plug in USB drives although they are usually USB 2.0 for some reason. You could forget the wireless and plug them into the N10 one at a time.
2Tb of music? Must be nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol