Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

For those who own a Nexus 10, where did you buy it? It appears market price is $399.99 for the 16 GB and $499.99 for the 32 GB. So I was a little surprised to see Amazon list them about $50 more than that. I was hoping to go through Amazon for free shipping and no sales tax. Did anyone purchase the Nexus 10 for the actual market price without having to pay shipping and/or tax?

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

Nope. Bought from Walmart online but still had to pay sales tax. Shipping was free (and surprisingly fast).

nope playstore

Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Play store. I figure the initial Google support would be worth it even if Amazon were able to match price
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]

Google will support the bevice no matter where you buy it its their top device so of course support will be there whether it from Walmart or play store. .. but to answer your question lol I walked into Walmart and walked out with mine same day I have no patience for shipping most of the time lol it was around 540 after tax

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

I was one of the lucky ones that was able to place an order on launch day through the play store.
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro

Bought mine at Sam's Club.

Bought mine at Walmart while visiting my parents in Oregon. No shipping and no tax!

Play store

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

ROM
    Stock

Craigslist :-) traded my Nexus 7 for a asus TF300t, didn't like the screen resolution so i sold it and got a nexus 7 again. Then traded the nexus 7 again for a samsung galaxy note 10.1 plus 50. Then yesterday i sold my note 10.1 for 350 and paid 360 for a perfect condition 16GB N10 :-) i think i am finally happy with my tablet.

Play Store is the best place to buy Nexus 10.
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

Got mine off Ebay. It's a refurbed 32gig and I got it for $419 with free shipping. I have to send it back though because of some screen issues.

Play Store

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    Google will support the bevice no matter where you buy it its their top device so of course support will be there whether it from Walmart or play store. ..
    There were reports, in the forums of this site, from users who purchsed from someplace "other" than Google were reffered to Samsung for support after Google made the most basic attempt to reslove their issues. Othe useres who purchased directly from Google climed to get better support fro the same problems.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]

Seems kinda petty to me but I'm not a business student.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Wal-Mart, had 3 of the 32's in stock in the cabinet on the floor. Picked one up, defective, returned for another. I'm a fan of local (no shipping, faster returns, and in my state a Lower sales tax than the next Wal-Mart down the road across the state line)
    slinkies likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Very interesting! It almost makes me want to order from Google then regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    There were reports, in the forums of this site, from users who purchsed from someplace "other" than Google were reffered to Samsung for support after Google made the most basic attempt to reslove their issues. Othe useres who purchased directly from Google climed to get better support fro the same problems.

So then couldn't we just say we purchased from play store if ever needed mines been perfect from day one but regardless id be pissed if I got referred to samsung just because of where I bought it from although I guess theat wouldn't reallt worknif came down to serial number

Just order a 10 inch from the Play Store. I also have a Nexus 7.

The 10 goes down in the kitchen and family room. The 7 will stay on my bedstand.

I got mine from Staples online and I didn't pay any tax or shipping.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    So then couldn't we just say we purchased from play store if ever needed mines been perfect from day one but regardless id be pissed if I got referred to samsung just because of where I bought it from although I guess theat wouldn't reallt worknif came down to serial number

I'm fairly sure google keeps a record of what devices are ordered from thier store, as well as what Gmail account ordered it.

And in the interest of fairness, someone also said they bought one from WalMart, it was a lemon. They were able to immidately return it to WalMart and get a functioning unit. All done in less time than it would take google to ship a device. That is an example of a situation where a physical retail store trumps the Play Store.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]
    slinkies likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    I'm fairly sure google keeps a record of what devices are ordered from thier store, as well as what Gmail account ordered it.

And in the interest of fairness, someone also said they bought one from WalMart, it was a lemon. They were able to immidately return it to WalMart and get a functioning unit. All done in less time than it would take google to ship a device. That is an example of a situation where a physical retail store trumps the Play Store.
    I bought mine from the local Wal-Mart. When I got home i noticed it had broken seals in the packaging and fingerprints all over it. It also had terrible light bleed. Next day back to Wal-Mart and did an even exchange for a new sealed unit.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

walmart =.=||||||
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast