Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    For those who own a Nexus 10, where did you buy it? It appears market price is $399.99 for the 16 GB and $499.99 for the 32 GB. So I was a little surprised to see Amazon list them about $50 more than that. I was hoping to go through Amazon for free shipping and no sales tax. Did anyone purchase the Nexus 10 for the actual market price without having to pay shipping and/or tax?
  2. #2  
    japhule's Avatar

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    429 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Nope. Bought from Walmart online but still had to pay sales tax. Shipping was free (and surprisingly fast).
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    nope playstore
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Play Store.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Play Store.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Play store. I figure the initial Google support would be worth it even if Amazon were able to match price
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Google will support the bevice no matter where you buy it its their top device so of course support will be there whether it from Walmart or play store. .. but to answer your question lol I walked into Walmart and walked out with mine same day I have no patience for shipping most of the time lol it was around 540 after tax

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  
    Evilnut's Avatar

    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    I was one of the lucky ones that was able to place an order on launch day through the play store.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Bought mine at Sam's Club.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Bought mine at Walmart while visiting my parents in Oregon. No shipping and no tax!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Play store

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
  12. #12  
    kidnice15's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Craigslist :-) traded my Nexus 7 for a asus TF300t, didn't like the screen resolution so i sold it and got a nexus 7 again. Then traded the nexus 7 again for a samsung galaxy note 10.1 plus 50. Then yesterday i sold my note 10.1 for 350 and paid 360 for a perfect condition 16GB N10 :-) i think i am finally happy with my tablet.
  13. #13  
    wmurch3's Avatar

    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Got mine off Ebay. It's a refurbed 32gig and I got it for $419 with free shipping. I have to send it back though because of some screen issues.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Play Store

    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    Google will support the bevice no matter where you buy it its their top device so of course support will be there whether it from Walmart or play store. ..
    There were reports, in the forums of this site, from users who purchsed from someplace "other" than Google were reffered to Samsung for support after Google made the most basic attempt to reslove their issues. Othe useres who purchased directly from Google climed to get better support fro the same problems.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Seems kinda petty to me but I'm not a business student.

    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
  17. #17  
    project.in.process's Avatar

    Posts
    1,243 Posts
    Carrier
    Bamf Paradigm

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Wal-Mart, had 3 of the 32's in stock in the cabinet on the floor. Picked one up, defective, returned for another. I'm a fan of local (no shipping, faster returns, and in my state a Lower sales tax than the next Wal-Mart down the road across the state line)
    slinkies likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Very interesting! It almost makes me want to order from Google then regardless

    Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    There were reports, in the forums of this site, from users who purchsed from someplace "other" than Google were reffered to Samsung for support after Google made the most basic attempt to reslove their issues. Othe useres who purchased directly from Google climed to get better support fro the same problems.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    So then couldn't we just say we purchased from play store if ever needed mines been perfect from day one but regardless id be pissed if I got referred to samsung just because of where I bought it from although I guess theat wouldn't reallt worknif came down to serial number

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Just order a 10 inch from the Play Store. I also have a Nexus 7.

    The 10 goes down in the kitchen and family room. The 7 will stay on my bedstand.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    I got mine from Staples online and I didn't pay any tax or shipping.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    So then couldn't we just say we purchased from play store if ever needed mines been perfect from day one but regardless id be pissed if I got referred to samsung just because of where I bought it from although I guess theat wouldn't reallt worknif came down to serial number

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    I'm fairly sure google keeps a record of what devices are ordered from thier store, as well as what Gmail account ordered it.


    And in the interest of fairness, someone also said they bought one from WalMart, it was a lemon. They were able to immidately return it to WalMart and get a functioning unit. All done in less time than it would take google to ship a device. That is an example of a situation where a physical retail store trumps the Play Store.
    slinkies likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Quote Originally Posted by Devlyn16 View Post
    I'm fairly sure google keeps a record of what devices are ordered from thier store, as well as what Gmail account ordered it.


    And in the interest of fairness, someone also said they bought one from WalMart, it was a lemon. They were able to immidately return it to WalMart and get a functioning unit. All done in less time than it would take google to ship a device. That is an example of a situation where a physical retail store trumps the Play Store.
    I bought mine from the local Wal-Mart. When I got home i noticed it had broken seals in the packaging and fingerprints all over it. It also had terrible light bleed. Next day back to Wal-Mart and did an even exchange for a new sealed unit.

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    walmart =.=||||||
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Where Did You Buy Your Nexus 10?

    Staples has the additional return hardware within 15 days for free like all their stuff.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where did you buy your DNA?
    By jrwatson in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 10:10 PM
  2. What time did you order your Nexus 4 and from where?
    By donec in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 01:47 AM
  3. where did you buy your micro HDMI cable?
    By lgGslateuser in forum Motorola Droid 3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2011, 08:53 AM
  4. Where did you buy your G2 from?
    By vic05 in forum T-Mobile G2
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 05:58 PM
  5. where are you buying yours from?
    By sillyshyme in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 06:04 AM

Posting Permissions