How to reduce and/or convert BluRay movies to play on tablet?

Darren Donovan

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Obviously I need to reduce the size of those BD movies, and most likely convert them to another format. I intend to store them on a 64 GB flash drive, and play them off that. What tools do I need to do this job? What is the recommended file format? I'd like to retain the 1920 x 1080 resolution, but definitely need to drop the bit rate to decrease the size. I just download MX player to the tablet.
Thanks,

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Obviously I need to reduce the size of those BD movies, and most likely convert them to another format. I intend to store them on a 64 GB flash drive, and play them off that. What tools do I need to do this job? What is the recommended file format? I'd like to retain the 1920 x 1080 resolution, but definitely need to drop the bit rate to decrease the size. I just download MX player to the tablet.
Thanks,

Handbrake should work.
HandBrake

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
On a pc I use Magic DVD copier or Converter; also Alive MP4 converter. Mostly I use Magic. I prefer .avi but Magic will batch convert to anything with a lot of options. I forget if I use anything different for Bluray but Alive has a lot of very complete progrands in the lcense.
BSplayer works best for me on the Android; usually through MediaHouse which will search my fileserver for video, music or pictures and let you choose the viewer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc