No spaces between words

Junebugapril

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes when I'm typing on my Nexus 10, it leaves out the spaces between the words.

Like this: Nospacesbetweenthewords.

It happens with the stock keyboard, and with Swype. Anyone else have this issue?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes when I'm typing on my Nexus 10, it leaves out the spaces between the words.

Like this: Nospacesbetweenthewords.

It happens with the stock keyboard, and with Swype. Anyone else have this issue?
I assume it happens on chrome when you do gesture typing?
its a known issue in chrome and will be fixed soon.

Junebugapril

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I assume it happens on chrome when you do gesture typing?
its a known issue in chrome and will be fixed soon.

I'm pretty sure it happens on Boat browser as well as Chrome. I'll let you know. Another thing is sometimes when I tap something, nothing happens.

Last edited:

Mark Brough

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Happens in Evernote. If I open an Evernote note in Android for editing, the words sometimes concatenate like that. When I close the editing, sometimes the spaces are reinstated. And in both Gmail and Google Docs, opening a doc/email created in Windows results not only in messing up of formatting, but also messing up of spaces and tabs, with multiple spaces reduced to one space, and tabs reduced to one space.

dwatso

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
ThisIsTheProblemI'mHavingWhenTypingOnMySwYpeKeyboardRightNowButThisIsn'tTypical. MyOriginalCommentWasThatBeforeTheUpdateWhenITypedInTheUrlBoxThereWereNoSpacesButInTheGoogleSearchBoxTypingWasNormal.NowAfterTheUpdateThereAreNoSpacesInTheSearchBox. IUseAAndroidBionic. SomeonePleaseHelp!

Sandy G

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
ThisIsTheProblemI'mHavingWhenTypingOnMySwYpeKeyboardRightNowButThisIsn'tTypical. MyOriginalCommentWasThatBeforeTheUpdateWhenITypedInTheUrlBoxThereWereNoSpacesButInTheGoogleSearchBoxTypingWasNormal.NowAfterTheUpdateThereAreNoSpacesInTheSearchBox. IUseAAndroidBionic. SomeonePleaseHelp!

It isn't just Swype. I tried two other keyboards and the stock keyboard. It happens with all of them.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This is still an issue 2 years later. I'm noticing it on the official Twitter app.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless

Sandy G

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Update. Google keyboard works perfectly. I tried the default Samsung keyboard again using Chrome. Still no spaces in omnibar. Everything else is okay. Going back to Google Keyboard.