Nexus 11 Octa-Core

hockey9592

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Why I am afraid to buy a tablet when a better one always comes out shortly thereafter. If this holds true, is it worth the wait? I was about to purchase the Nexus 10 this week

Samsung Nexus 11 Octo-Core Specs Leaked | TechnoBuffalo

Samsung to bring the Tab DUOS, Tab 8.0 AMOLED, Tab 11 Super PLS TFT and NEXUS 11 | SamMobile

NEXUS 11*
- 11? Super PLS TFT
- 8 Megapixel
- 2 Megapixel
- Octa-Core A15 / A7 (Exynos 5410)
- Micro SD 64 GB (Rumored)
* Needs to get approvement from Google (Worlds first Octa-Core tablet)

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Ummm this is barely a rumor. I have no idea how reliable that site has been in the past but if their web deign is any indication of their "reporting"I have ZERO faith in their information.

According to a leaked rap sheet, the Nexus 11 will sport an 11-inch Super PLS TFT display, an 8-megapixel camera (2-megapixel front), microSD support (up to 64GB rumored) and an eight-core Exynos 5410 (A15/A7 configuration).

Every writer fro Android Central, and most of the forum memebrs could pick out things that are OBVIOUSLY wrong with this statement. Really? Google returning to Micro SD support? 11 inches? Why? does it improve the aspect ratio?? Someone figured Nexus 11 sounds like it is +1 better than a nexus 10.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
its a rumor and even if the rumors are true its a different tablet not an upgrade to N10.
N10 is 10 inch, N11 as mentioned would be 11 inch.

microsd card support?? lol Google will never bring SD card slot to nexus devices and they explained the reason a million times.

hockey9592

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the insight. There are a few other sites that talk about it. I actually heard about it as I did a Google search on "Nexus 10" yesterday and Nexus 11 showed up in the top result of news. Is there a reason the Nexus will never have an SD card?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the insight. There are a few other sites that talk about it. I actually heard about it as I did a Google search on "Nexus 10" yesterday and Nexus 11 showed up in the top result of news. Is there a reason the Nexus will never have an SD card?

Very simply, because Google's focus with the Nexus line is provide best platform for it's software, which includes a "simplistic" approach to the included features. It's designed to be the "gold standard".

What you will get with Nexus:
- top-of-the-line processor and RAM specs (not necessarily the absolute best, but generally ahead of the curve of any existing devices)
- high-quality display.
- latest Google Android OS with continued support and updates

What you will not get:
- SD card support
- Removable battery (not sure if they've come out and said they won't do this, but it doesn't seem to be part of their current design model)
- Pretty much any "bells and whistles". Whether it be hardware (additional USB ports, peripheral devices) or software (like Touchwiz or Sense), don't expect it on a Nexus

Support for additional devices and/or features = more variables to deal with when building the OS. Google wants to keep it simple. OEM's may add that stuff later their own devices, but it's up to them to provide support for it.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ane I quote (google has already said they are not unveiling the new nexus 10 at google I/O) dont believe me do some good googling and I mean good googling lol dont just google new nexus 10 or nexus 11 I mean use google the right way the way it was intended it is after all your best friend especially in these scenarios.

On a more lighter note tho the n10 is less than 6 months old and everyone knows nexus devices have at least an 8 to 12 month lifespan(I know they get updated for years and years to come, im meaning before the next version of said device is released.) typically before the release of a new device in the same category IE galaxy nexus-nexus 4, nexus 7-better nexus 7, nexus 10-? To be announced in several months...lol? Bottom line is if your waiting for googles next 10 inch or better slate tablet then expect to wait at least 4 more months but honestly im thinking itll be announced and released around the same time the n10 was like novemberish sometime around the holidays just like the ps4 when it will most likely see the largest sales numbers fresh out the gate...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Atiya

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
just curious what was the reason why they didnt want to put a sd slot ? hehe

also i hope nexus 10 wont have any predecessor anytime soon... im loving my nexus 10 despite the glitches and its flaws..also spent lots of money on it

its a rumor and even if the rumors are true its a different tablet not an upgrade to N10.
N10 is 10 inch, N11 as mentioned would be 11 inch.

microsd card support?? lol Google will never bring SD card slot to nexus devices and they explained the reason a million times.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Android has no native support for SD cards. Google has basically said it[removable storage] creates too many problems/variables and they believe cloud storage is the way to go. Since the Nexus line always runs pure Android it would require Google to essentially publicly say "we are wrong expandable storage is better than the cloud" AND then add the support to Android.

Now based on the Long Delays in people getting their N10's in time for the holidays I think it would make sense if Google announced the next 10(+) inch Nexus tablet in September shipping in October. This would give time to space out the tech enthusiests purchaes from the Holiday purchases.

Quick Question: My understanding is with the Nexus Phone line Google always selects a new partner to manufacture the device. Has Google announced this Philosopy will continue with the 7 inch and 10 inch tablet? What I mean is will the next 7" be made buy someone other than Asus and the next 10(+) inch be made by someone other than Samsung?

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thats not entirely true bcuz Samsung made both the nexus s and the galaxy nexus as well as the n10 and asus has made the n7 since its debut so im not so sure about them switching manufacturers with each new device...

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Thats not entirely true bcuz Samsung made both the nexus s and the galaxy nexus as well as the n10 and asus has made the n7 since its debut so im not so sure about them switching manufacturers with each new device...

I stand corrected, Samsung did indeed make back to back Nexus phones in 2010 and 2011. Though I still really consider there having been only 1 Nexus 7 inch [with wi-fi and HSPA+ variants] so I think phrasing it as Asus has made it since it's debut, which was in july of 2012, clouds the picture. NEXUS tablets are not even a year old yet.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Why I am afraid to buy a tablet when a better one always comes out shortly thereafter. If this holds true, is it worth the wait? I was about to purchase the Nexus 10 this week
NEXUS 11*
- 11? Super PLS TFT
- 8 Megapixel
- 2 Megapixel
- Octa-Core A15 / A7 (Exynos 5410)
- Micro SD 64 GB (Rumored)
* Needs to get approvement from Google (Worlds first Octa-Core tablet)

1) It is fake/not real
2) 99+% of users will NEVER notice any difference between 2 cores and 4 or 8 or 100 on a tablet or phone (and at this point, about 98+% of users won't on a desktop either).
3) There is no way a Nexus is going to have an SD card slot at this point.
4) Very unlikely they would increase the screen size.
5) Number of megapixels on main camera is mostly meaningless once it hits 5.
6) It doesn't matter what you purchase, something newer will always be released after.

The biggest mistake I think they made with this model is not offering a 64GB storage version. Otherwise, I have absolutely no need to upgrade and see no reason to for quite a long time.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have no intention of upgrading mine. It's a Nexus device so mine will have the latest updates for a long while now so there's no need as I don't care about specs with the specs of the N10 being as awesome as they are.

Stan Edom

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Google is not against micro SD expansion.

What about the Chromebook Pixel? Yes, it has one!

What the usual screen size of Chromebooks? 11"

With Sundar Pichai heading Android, they can definitely extend the Nexus program to Chrome OS.

The Nexus 11 could be a tablet with an attachable keyboard that runs Chrome OS.

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Google is not against micro SD expansion.

What about the Chromebook Pixel? Yes, its has one!

What the usual screen size of Chromebooks? 11"

With Sundar Pichai heading Android, they can definitely extend the Nexus program to Chrome OS.

The Nexus 11 could be a tablet with an attachable keyboard that runs Chrome OS.

It's not so much Google is against it, as much as they've flat out said they won't support it...on ANDROID.

The point you bring up is an interesting one, I don't know that Google has ever said that their "Nexus" line would be limited to Android devices (though the majority of us have obviously assumed so), so I guess it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Google could build a chromebook tablet under the Nexus brand. Obviously though, that's nothing more than speculation, and doesn't necessarily refute any of the points folks are making here.

I'm not that familiar with Chromebooks...could they potentially compete against a product like the MS Surface for users looking for a more "PC-like" experience with their tablets? Frankly, I've always thought Android to actually be a more robust platform than the Chromebook, which by my understanding is basically just a light-weight host for running a Chrome browser? [not sarcasm, these are legit questions]

Long story short: None of know what the successor to the Nexus 10 will be, or when it will be released, but we do know that it won't be for at least a few more months...probably late fall based on Google's history.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Chromebooks are junk compared to any nexus device le5s compare a 249 $ price tag and specs to a 500 $ price tag and specs there is no comparison here chromebooks are laptops the n10 a tablet again no real comparison here if you want a laptop buy a laptop dont troll this wonderful forum with your chromebook crap the chromebook line should and probably never will carry the nexus brand it doesn't deserve it my n10 with my keyboard case is basically the same thing except better in every way bottom line is the n11 is a mythical creature lol won't be around ne time soon and chromebooks will never get the nexus brand...

Stan Edom

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not that familiar with Chromebooks...could they potentially compete against a product like the MS Surface for users looking for a more "PC-like" experience with their tablets? Frankly, I've always thought Android to actually be a more robust platform than the Chromebook, which by my understanding is basically just a light-weight host for running a Chrome browser? [not sarcasm, these are legit questions]

Yes, Chrome OS is just a web browser and is really limited for now. However, it has very powerful abilities thanks to Packaged Apps and Native Client (NaCl).

Packaged Apps deliver an experience as capable as a native app, but as safe as a web page. Packaged apps look and behave like native apps, and they have native-like capabilities that are much more powerful than those available to web apps. Packaged apps have no traditional chrome: the omnibox (address bar), tab strip, and other browser interface elements no longer appear.
Actually, the apps in the Chrome Web store are just "glorified bookmarks". Google said this will change pretty soon. There will be a new category for those glorified bookmarks that will be rightfully called "websites". Then, the powerful packaged apps will be in the "apps" category. They will be available offline and from any computer, always up to date, and able to communicate with devices like USB drives & Bluetooth speakers.

Here's Why Google's New 'Packaged Apps' Are Bad News For Microsoft

Google bares Chrome's Trojan strategy with native-style packaged apps

The Native Client open-source technology is designed to run native compiled code securely inside browsers. Native Client puts web applications on the same playing field as local applications, providing the raw speed needed to compete with traditional software like 3D games, video editing, and other applications. Native Client also gives languages like C and C++ (and eventually others as well) the same level of portability and safety that JavaScript provides on the web today. Actually, a number of Xbox and Playstation games developers are in the midst of porting their games over to Google Chrome Native Client. One of the most important benefits of Native Client : You get to re-use your C/C++ code on the web. Note the word "re-use". For example, iOS developers could simply port their same code to Native Client instead of re-write them.

Of course, it's possible to combine Packaged Apps with Native Client. In short, everything you can do on Android or Windows will be possible on Chrome... VLC, Photoshop or Crysis even without internet connection on Chrome OS. But now, Google needs developers to create those new apps. What's really interesting is that the Chrome browser is available on Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS... then instead to create apps for each platform, developers could do it on Chrome only and have their apps available everywhere. A game-changer!

Chrome OS is still in its infancy, just like Android was when Google released the Nexus One. It's not good for now because it has no apps... just a "web browser". But in my humble opinion, I'm pretty sure that Chrome OS is the future and I'm already excited about it.

Edit: I found even more evidence about the Nexus 11. Google is actually testing two new arm Chromebooks named "Peach Pit" and "Daisy Spring". The Galaxy Tab 11 and the Nexus 11 in my opinion.

Peach Pit & Daisy Spring are for Princess Peach & Princess Daisy from Super Mario. Daisy and Peach are best friends. Nintendo's Mario Power Tennis website said that Daisy is Peach's "sister in arms". Just like the both arm Chromebooks which are pretty close... Just like the Galaxy Tab 11 & Nexus 11 which are also pretty close. Coincidence? Also, I learned that the one codenamed Daisy Spring is an Exynos 5 Octa-Core... Just like the Nexus 11 is an Exynos 5 Octa-Core. Coincidence? Honestly I have no doubt, the Nexus 11 and Galaxy Tab 11 are Chrome OS devices.

There will be more and more convergence between Android and Chrome OS. Google will offer the best of both worlds as Linus Upson said.
I believe that there will be Androidbooks convertible with the full version of the Chrome browser (apps/extensions). Also Chromebooks convertible that can run mobile apps. If you want a convertible but have more interest for the tablet side (for consuming), you will buy an Androidbook. If you want a convertible but have more interest for the laptop side (for productivity), you'll buy a Chromebook. The problem with the Microsoft Surface, is that it may work in tablet mode, but in laptop mode it is a calamity ! At least, Google gives you more choice. This is just my humble opinion.

PS: Excuse my grammar, I'm not a native english.

Last edited:

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I dont buy a sudden marrying of the Chrome book line to the android line. And I dont see Expanding the Nexus line to include Chrome Books, unless they do so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20