"Music temporariliy unavailable" on a new Nexus 10 (for 3 days now)

brittmayo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a new Nexus 10 32GB. Essentially in "factory reset" state, with the exception of connecting to WiFi and setting up my Google account and wallet.

Everything works perfectly except for Google Play Music. It responds with "Music temporarily unavailable" when I try to play any of the pre-installed songs. Clearing the app cache doesn't help, nor does uninstalling and reinstalling the app updates.

All of the other Google Play apps other than Music work properly.

Sound and video are working properly in general (e.g., YouTube app works fine).

I have seen many others with this problem across the Internet, so it's apparently something endemic to the device/build. Has anyone encountered it and found a solution?

Thanks.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The 3 common solutions appear to be

1. clearing the cache in the app and playstore
  2. ensr8ng you have a wifi signal because while the tracks appear to be preloaded, they are not and still need to be downloaded.
  3. make sure you have your Google wallet set up as failure to do so may prevent you from downloading the music

brittmayo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
All other apps - no problem.

Since I couldn't uninstall/reinstall Google Play Music, I went as far as I could - removed updates then rebooted and tested, then reinstalled them and rebooted/tested. No difference.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Is this for songs stored on the device or in the cloud?

if its in the cloud log on to google music through the web and go to settings, there you can see how many devices have been authorized to use your account, you might have some redundant ones in there that have maxed you out.

brittmayo

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, y2whisper. That wasn't it, but it pointed me at the answer.

I have NEVER used google music for anything prior to purchasing the Nexus. It comes with a set of songs "pre-purchased" on the device, but it wouldn't access them from my library because the device wasn't authorized (no device was). When I logged onto google music on my PC, it then authorized my PC which must have "broken something loose". Subsequently, I was able to play the songs on the Nexus, which NOW shows up as an authorized device.

I was unaware of the whole "authorized device" concept until you mentioned it. Thanks again.

PJK717

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I opened the play music app and was trying to stream from radio service and was given Music Temporarily Unavailable No Space Available message. So I hit the settings within the app and disabled cache music. Now I'm streaming without problems.

Marissa Lauren

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't download any of my music to my phone, only stream from the cloud and I've tried all of the above.. Even deleting the folders on my Android where songs or music may have been cached previously and it says "Failed to delete." Yikes.

I've even had "cache during playback" checked off the entire time too. Still can't play any songs because of the "Music Temporarily Unavailable/No Space Available" message.

I just wanna listen to music. :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21