Pogo charger with shipping 19.98

Mike Shawaluk

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
As someone else already mentioned, it's sold out :(

But... this is the first picture I've seen that shows the other end of the cable: it's a standard USB connector. Which, to me, is a dealbreaker, even if it is on sale at some future date. Doesn't that limit the amount of charging current that will be available to the port? I had original assumed that the other end of the connector would be a higher capacity power source. My first tablet, a Toshiba Thrive, has a custom (barrel) connector, but the tablet charges much more quickly than my Nexus 10 when I'm using that source (you can also charge the Thrive from the USB connector, but it's slow as mud)

Pogo charger users, please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

big matty

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

But... this is the first picture I've seen that shows the other end of the cable: it's a standard USB connector. Which, to me, is a dealbreaker, even if it is on sale at some future date. Doesn't that limit the amount of charging current that will be available to the port? I had original assumed that the other end of the connector would be a higher capacity power source. My first tablet, a Toshiba Thrive, has a custom (barrel) connector, but the tablet charges much more quickly than my Nexus 10 when I'm using that source (you can also charge the Thrive from the USB connector, but it's slow as mud)

The Pogo will charge the device about 25% faster. Yes the wall plug is the same, but when the N10 gets the juice from its pogo port instead of via micro USB it takes it in faster. :)

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I would just like to clarify that this is not an Offical [as in from Google] Pogo charger. IF Google ever releases one it may indeed charge faster than the 10-25% increase users see over the Micro USB port.

That said EVEN if it charged at the same rate as the Micro-usb port in my opinion it is worth it as it saves significant wear and tear on the micro usb port.

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine today. Charges up to 10% per 15 minutes. What quicker than Micro USB does. And I agree with the previous poster, saves on wear and tear on the Micro USB port. So far I like my investment.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Preston Carmichael

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I got mine about two weeks ago, definitely charges faster, and I can raise brightness while charging and actually charge instead of staying even. Here's a BIG REASON why I like the pogo: using external flash drives/nexus media importer, requires: 1) your (only) micro usb port to be available 2) Lots of juice because the otg flashdrive seems to suck battery power quickly, probably because I use them for music and movies only. My only gripe about my pogo is it is a very short cable length, about 4' instead of the standard 6' mine is from magnectar.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I got mine about two weeks ago, definitely charges faster, and I can raise brightness while charging and actually charge instead of staying even. Here's a BIG REASON why I like the pogo: using external flash drives/nexus media importer, requires: 1) your (only) micro usb port to be available 2) Lots of juice because the otg flashdrive seems to suck battery power quickly, probably because I use them for music and movies only. My only gripe about my pogo is it is a very short cable length, about 4' instead of the standard 6' mine is from magnectar.

I have a USB extension cable I use when i need more than the POGO comes with. I've never measured my POGO but I think it is3' MAX.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

*IF* I understand the standards correctly, the fact that the device end of the cable is NOT a USB connector, they can get away with pumping more juice through it...however because it still uses the same charging block that the tablet came with (that is rated at 5V/2A), I'm not sure it would really make that big of a difference. To be effective, I would think it would need to come with it's own transformer that can deliver >2A.

Again, I'm nowhere close to an expert on this subject or an electrician.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried this cable with other (not the unit that came with the Nexus) 2 Amp/5V adapters? I have a number of them for iPads and other tablets.

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I charge my HTC One on an iPhone block and the Nexus purely on its own block, but now with the pogo cable. I charged the Nexus with the same cable that I use for the HTC One previously, but it took nearly overnight to change from 20% to full. So I'm glad that investment into the pogo cable is paying of.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Of you have a Nexus 10, this is definitely with the money. The regular USB cable just takes to long to charge. Great for a quick midday charge when I used it as an e-reader for work and know that they day is not over yet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

lexluthorxx

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

where did you buy it from?