Download YouTube videos for offline viewing?

ryu99

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Downloading youtube videos so you can view them when you're without internet, Is this possible? If yes I'm assuming I would need the necessary app from the play store, what do you guys recommend.

Blittzo

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I use tubemate too, very useful app. All of the other ones don't update the videos fast enough so if you want to download a new video on another Youtube video downloader it won't update as fast as tubemate. Just what I saw when I used different apps.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The Play Store's terms of service prohibit apps that can download YouTube videos for offline viewing. Other android app stores may not have the same restrictions.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The Play Store's terms of service prohibit apps that can download YouTube videos for offline viewing. Other android app stores may not have the same restrictions.

And yet there are still apps in the play store that do exactly that. And tell you they do that right in the description.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
And yet there are still apps in the play store that do exactly that. And tell you they do that right in the description.

I've tried out several and I find they don't actually work on YouTube videos.

Posted via Android Central App

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Only until google/YouTube discover they do, then like the hubi you linked to they remove the feature and explain it in the description.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
No need for another app, YouTube app has this functionality built in, it's called prefetch
Look in the app settings under preloading

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz