Do you use a stylus with your N10?

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering getting a stylus for note-taking on my Nexus 10. Any recommendations from the community? Some questions I have:

- Some of the styluses I've noticed seem to have a big, rounded head (yes, I know, how else would you say that?) - does that make it hard to write precisely? I feel like it would be akin to taking notes with a big magic marker.
- Have you ever had issues with the stylus scratching your screen? I don't have a screen protector, and would prefer not to get one - but is that a must for use with a stylus?
- Some of the older comments I've noticed mentioned that the Nexus 10 couldn't differentiate between the stylus and your hand resting on the screen - is that still the case, or are there apps/workarounds that have come out in the last 6 months?

TIA.

skraggy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You need the stylus with the rounded head as it needs to be able to mimic a finger. Only Samsung's S-Pen with their Note products work with a more traditional stylus with better granularity.

And yes, it is very much like writing with a magic marker (or I typically compare it to writing with a crayon). If you can imagine what it would be like taking notes with a Crayon, that is quite accurate.

I have a couple stylus, but I rarely use them. It's just not accurate enough.