Nexus 10 or iPad 4?

Rebecca Symone

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I came here for an answer but still confused.
I used to go to my sister which has an iPad, I found it very comfortable but I still have that doubt if iPad or Nexus.
I watched videos & I did lots of things to see which is better.
Please tell me what did you buy.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I used to go to my sister which has an iPad, I found it very comfortable but I still have that doubt if iPad or Nexus.

The best thing you can do is try out the Nexus 10 and compare that to your experience with the iPad.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

It doesn't matter what we bought, it's what will work best for you. Do you know someone with a nexus 10 you can try out?

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
And Android doesn't support it either.

Actually Android does support it. Adobe has EOL the product though, it is now a legacy app, and Chrome has blocked support for flash. So if you load pretty much any other browser and load the archived android flash it works.

dman2275

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Let me toss my thoughts out to those who are on the fence. I prefer Android over iOS (I tried an iPhone and only used it for 3 weeks) and currently have a Note 2 (VZW).

I have owned an iPad (3rd gen) which I bought for the family as well as owning a Nexus 7. I found the iPad nice for the large selection of apps, huge selection of cases, accessories, and the screen was nice. What I didn't like the lack of customization, widgets, and being tied to Apple so I went with the N7. I love being able to run pure Android, flash roms, add widgets and make the tablet look the way I want it. The fact I have an android phone means all the apps I purchased for my android phones carry over to my Nexus. I can install apps from the play store and play my music from any device.

Since I have the Note 2 now, I wanted to N10 so I just bought one and now I will be selling my N7. I am very happy I chose the Nexus 10 and can't wait to watch Netflix on that beautiful 10 inch screen !

Bottom line is both tablets are nice. Check both of them out in the stores and choose the one you think fits you best !

Hope this helps those who are undecided between the two.

NOTE: I also noticed the cost of apps on the Apple side seem more expensive. Most of the better apps are not free vs. Android has so many quality free apps. I believe in supporting developers and routinely purchase well designed apps but I have noticed more and (in my opinion) better free apps. Again, just my two cents.

rogerc3

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I got my Nexus 10 in Nov 2012. First tablet, first intro to Android. Considered iPad, but went with Nexus 10. I had a few problems adapting to
the different operating system, but now am comfortable with it and doing well.

Best decision I could have made. Apps are getting better each day and they have all that I need for a tablet. Still use laptop for
letters and spreadsheets.

I did make a mistake and only got the 16GB instead of 32. Problem solved by carrying movies on a 32GB thumb drive the size of a dime.
What a concept, ability to read a thumb drive and that way not have to store videos on the tablet.

Love my 10 as much as some love their iPads. It does everything I want to use it for: browse the net, catch up on news, play a few games,
catch up on email, music and movies.

Wish there were a few more accessories, but in time as the number of users grows that will to.

Now to add an S4 to my collection and all will be good.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Ahh, so the Nexus 10 is better. Sorry, I had to do it.

Why do I have to root to get PIE controls, why do I need to install a custom ROM to use HALO why do I have to flash a custom kernel to get my desired battery/performance ratio? ;)
No seriously I love flashing that ****:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith