How is the Nexus 10 for taking notes (Multi-Page notes)

bipedial

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I'm currently in the market for a tablet that is able to take notes, mostly for math and other related courses were I'd much rather free-hand the diagrams and the equations rather than using the keypad to type in numbers or trying to to use pre-created shapes to form whatever it is I want to make.

I know the Galaxy Note line is already good at this, but the specs of the device lag significantly behind and are more expensive to make up for the pressure sensitive screen. I don't have any need for the tablet to recognize pressure, just to be quasi-accurate when I try to draw a 3 rather than a Z for example.

How good is the N10 at taking notes, and what are the best free-hand note taking apps you can reccomend? Like mentioned in the title I'd need something where I can have multiple pages of notes in one file rather than what I usually see which is 1 page max at a time.

Thanks

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes the S-Pen can do the whole pressure thing, but that is just ontop of it being a good handwriting device. A capacitive Stylus that will work on pretty much everything else is just really inaccurate and really issn't sufficient for taking serious notes. The best explaination I heard about Capacitive styli is that they are really for improved item selection, and not really for handwritting.

It is also rather inaccurate to state the note is significantly behind in specs. The Note has a Samsung Exynos Quad Core 4412 SOC which is probably only second to Samsung Exynos Dual Core 5250 SOC in the nexus 10. What most people claim is a huge drawback is the screen only being 1280x800 which can be debateable, that is a limit of the WACOM digitizer.

There has been significant discussion here about this topic. With strong feelings on both sides.

I will say this though. I got my GF a Note 10.1 for Xmas and I have the Nexus 10. She would never switch and loves some of the other added software features it has over my nexus.