1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Case

I would like to find a case, stand that still allows the pogo cable to plug in. One that rotates and is stable would also be good. Anyone seen this? With over half a million sold the 10 should have about anything in a case but doesn't seem to.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Default Re: Case

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetPluto7 View Post
    I would like to find a case, stand that still allows the pogo cable to plug in. One that rotates and is stable would also be good. Anyone seen this? With over half a million sold the 10 should have about anything in a case but doesn't seem to.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Check out the Poetic Slimline. It's low profile but covers everything, has the auto wake/sleep functionality, serves as a stand (with two viewing angles), and has all of the cutouts for the Nexus 10 (pogo charger, hd-out, headphones, camera, etc). I've had mine (as well as the pogo charger) since January and have had no problems.

If you want to shop around more, just go to Amazon and search for Nexus 10 cases, then look at some of the more highly-rated ones. Another resource is a website called Nexus 10 Accessories. It's exactly what you think it is-a pretty thorough compilation of just about every accessory out there for your N10.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I purchased this case back in January when I purchased my N10. At first, I was hesitant because I generally prefer slimmer cases, but given the selection available at the time, I settled on this:
    Amazon.com: FINTIE (Black) Slim Fit Leather Folio Stand Case Cover Auto Sleep/Wake for Google Nexus 10 Inch Android Tablet- 8 Color Options: Computers & Accessories

To be honest, I'm very happy with it. The price is great, and so is the quality. It supports the magnetic screen auto-wake feature, has opening for all of the buttons and ports (including the pogo), I haven't experienced any "Fraying" of the stitching or anything like that (which was a problem with several other cases available at the time I bought mine), and provides a pretty decent level of protection. The cover folds into a stand, and is also very comfortable using tablet handheld in either portrait or landscape mode.

I don't want to make it sound like it's the best case out there, but for <$10, I was pleasantly surprised.

Not sure if this fits the OP's bill or not, but just figured I'd give my 2
    Last edited by paintdrinkingpete; 05-28-2013 at 09:17 AM.

I bought three cases from Amazon when I got my Nexus 10; Poetic, Fintie, and Manvex. As the poster above said, the Poetic case is a great case. It is slim, light, has all needed openings available without opening anything up, and gives pretty good protection. I modified the area around the power and volume buttons with a Dremel tool to make access easier. Also, there was a little twist in the back plastic that wouldn't allow the device to lock in. I had to grind some plastic off of the rear corners so it would snap into place. When finished, all worked well. As another poster said above, the Fintie is also a great case. It is a little heavier and probably gives a little better protection. The Pogo charger can't be connected unless the flap is opened, but that isn't a big deal. The Mantex case is really well built and looks nice, but it has too many negatives. I used it for just two days and removed it. The biggest problem is that the case covers up just enough of the screen to make it difficult to hit the bottom icons and to use the pull-downs in the upper corners. Also the volume and power buttons are difficult to get to. And the latching flap is always in the way. This case is pretty much junk, in my opinion. Which is my favorite? It is really a tossup, but if I lean any way at all, it would be the Fintie case. Take a look at it and the Poetic, and decide for yourself which would work better for you. Or, just get one of each! They really aren't that expensive, especially if you meet the Amazon $25 free shipping.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ordered the Fintie today to add to my collection. Thanks guys.