Should I return my note 8.0 and get a nexus 10?

gmrpnk21#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So I picked up a note 8.0 a couple of weeks ago and I am enjoying it very much. However, I am not happy with 16gb of memory (9 and change usable), I won't use the stylus much, and want something that will run games better. I have up to two months to bring it back and buy a nexus 10, but I'm not sold on it yet. I am worried that the colors won't look as good on the n10, and that it will run slower than my note 8.0. How have your experiences been with your n10's, and should I switch?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
True, but I've read that the contrast ratio isn't the best and that colors may look a bit washed out. I wish I knew someone with a n10 to compare side by side...

I've seen them on display inside Sams Clubs. If you done have a friend with a N10 perhaps you have one that has a Sam's Club membership so you can go take a look at it.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is really a great device, and pretty much the best tablet out there. A few are finally being announced that will start to close the gap though or take the lead.

As far as speed goes, The Note has the Exynos 4412 Quad core (best of the A9 cpu), while the N10 has the Exynos 5250 Dual Core (first of the A15 next Gen CPU) You won't be dissapoint with the CPU of the N10.
Graphics is kind of a trade off the Higher PPI of the N10 means the GPU has to do allot more work to be on par with the slower GPU with fewer pixels. In my mind it is a wash.
I love the Screen of the N10. I think it is probably more realistic. Most of the screens that are released actually have way to much contrast, and though may look good aren't really true to what should be displayed.

In the end what I would have to tell you is it all about that S-Pen and the funcatinlity it provides. Simply put you won't get anything close to it with any other tablet out there currently. If you start to find uses for the S-Pen and like it, then keep it or get the Note 10.1. If as you said above, it isn't something you can see yourself using immediately return it and get the N10( or maybe the ASUS Memo Smart Tab).

I would also suggest you think about the size of the tablet. I orignally had a NOOK that I rooted and loaded a custom rom on. When I switched from that to my a Xoom I relealized how nice that smaller 7" form factor was. There have been allot of times i have wished i had it back.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just decided -- I'm returning my Note 10.1 and getting the N10. I have a Note 2 and use the S Pen with it, but that's because it's always with me in the office, etc. The Note 10.1 stayed at home, and I realized I'd rarely ever use its S Pen. Given that, and the relatively crappy resolution, I realized the N10 would be a much better choice. I'd say the same thing about the Note 8.0 -- unless you're going to use the S Pen, and can put up with its relatively crappy resolution, the N10 is a better choice.

gmrpnk21#AC

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just decided -- I'm returning my Note 10.1 and getting the N10. I have a Note 2 and use the S Pen with it, but that's because it's always with me in the office, etc. The Note 10.1 stayed at home, and I realized I'd rarely ever use its S Pen. Given that, and the relatively crappy resolution, I realized the N10 would be a much better choice. I'd say the same thing about the Note 8.0 -- unless you're going to use the S Pen, and can put up with its relatively crappy resolution, the N10 is a better choice.
Well now asus threw me a curveball with their new infinity tab and Toshiba has the new excite pro.... I don't think I'm keeping the note 8.0... I really like it, but I feel like I paid for a feature I won't use (the pen) and didn't get the feature I really want (awesome display and gpu).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy