Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By flick0416
  • 1 Post By xlDeMoNiClx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I buy the Nexus 10?

Im looking into buying my first ever tablet and i'm not really sure between the ipad with retina display or the Nexus 10.

Im not a big apple fan and was pretty much sold on the Nexus 10 until I saw the problems with crashing and random reboots so I was wondering if any owners of the Nexus 10 could tell me how bad this is now?

Also obviously there is a lot of stuff about the lack of android optimised apps, from reading posts on here that seems to just be people trying to big up Apple tablets, but once again is this a big problem with the Nexus 10? Alongside movies, internet browsing etc I will be using it for gaming so are there a good range of decent games for it too, or is gaming something Apple is still superior in? And the same question in terms of good general apps, like finance apps or news etc?

Any owners of both or either of the tablets please let me know your opinions.

Thanks guys

Default Re: Should I buy the Nexus 10?

Any issues with the N10 you see in the forums are usually the minority of users. Generally, the people who do not have issues with the N10 don't comment. I would definitely get the N10. You won't regret it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Thanked by:

It really comes down to what is most important to you. With both devices, you'll get a beautiful screen, a solid OS, and access to lots and lots of content. So do you prefer the 16:9 aspect ratio of the N10 screen, or the 4:3 ratio of the iPad? Do you prefer having stereo speakers on the front of the device, or a mono speaker on the back (or will you have headphones plugged in most of the time, making this point moot?)? Do you use Google products (i.e. Gmail, Drive, Calendar, etc.) a lot? Do you have an Android phone, iPhone, or other? If you already have an Android or iPhone, I would probably lean toward staying in that ecosystem. If you have something else (like Blackberry or Windows Phone), then it's a wash.

Regarding the problems you mention, I've experienced the crashes and random reboots, though I'd hardly say it's a regular occurrence. I've had mine since January, and could probably count on one hand the number of times I've had that issue. Regarding the apps, yeah, it's really not as big of a problem as some make it out to be. I'd be surprised if you find more than a couple of apps that you would regularly use that aren't optimized for the tablet screen.
    Thanked by:
    Slender Troll likes this.

The random reboots and crashes were pretty much fixed a while ago. You'll get the occasional one still happening but that's usually just a defective device. I got my N10 at Christmas and I still think there isn't a tablet out there that can compete with it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Slender Troll likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Also, when people say that the any lack of complete tablet optimised apps is not a problem as android apps designed for phones scale well onto the tablet, how well do they actually do this, is it to a high quality or is it just about acceptable with a huge difference compared to optimised applications?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike567 View Post
    Also, when people say that the any lack of complete tablet optimised apps is not a problem as android apps designed for phones scale well onto the tablet, how well do they actually do this, is it to a high quality or is it just about acceptable with a huge difference compared to optimised applications?
    For the most part they do a great job.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Yeah. I've had mine for almost a month with no reboots or freezes. It's been an absolute joy. No regrets. I've compared it to my parent's iPad 3 and my boss's iPad 4 and I still love it. Best tablet out there.
    Thanked by:

The nexus 10 is the best hardware without a doubt. It just lacks the content to be a real contender. Someday when the apps are there ill scrap my ipad. But I'm stuck fr now

- - - Updated - - -

The nexus 10 is the best hardware without a doubt. It just lacks the content to be a real contender. Someday when the apps are there ill scrap my ipad. But I'm stuck fr now

Quote Originally Posted by biggerfasterstronger24 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mike567 View Post

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by biggerfasterstronger24 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Could you elaborate on what apps you feel missing? I've had mine since December and have not come across any need I wasnt able to fufill through the play store or browser.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]