Should i get the nexus 10 now or wait?

wolfbite69

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Should I get the Nexus 10 now or wait until google releases a new or updated version? If I should wait, why?, and when do you think google will be releasing a new Nexus 10.

thanks,
Wolfbite69

wolfbite69

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for not replying anyone. It appears I?m going with the ipad 4 since it is faster, and actually more useful. I?ve heard disappointing things about the nexus 10, and about the fact it has no optimized apps, and how the tablet is very laggy and skips frames. To be honest android seems to be laggy in general, and their products are not really good (Well at least the products I have owned and experienced with android haven?t). Anyways, the ipad 4 is better anyway you put it over the nexus 10, or any other android tablet for that matter. Yeah you get an "openness feel" on the android tablets, but really the only reason we actually root our android devices is to make them go faster by using custom roms and such, when the ipad 4 is already so fast it doesn?t need them. Yes I know, Nexus 10 has better specs, it also has 1 gb more in ram (2gb total), but it is still slower than the ipad. Why, well because apple uses its specs, wiser, they are able to use their specs to their greatest potential, while Google throws in a ton of specs on a tablet crossing their fingers it would make their tablet less laggy, when that never happens. Also the Nexus, all though it has much potential, can never be "buttery" since its web browsing experience is poor due to Google chrome not being what it was expected to be, and all the other apps not really being compatible with such the high resolution.

While people root their android devices to make them faster, apple users don?t need to jailbreak, to make their device faster, because it is already close to perfection. Also, about customization, there is no need to go and hunt around looking for the right keyboard if you are an apple user since apple gives you the perfect keyboard that beats all, their default one.

Oh, and feel free to reply, on reasons why android specifically the nexus 10 is good. I truly want to know, because so far, I haven?t seen anything desirable in android products, including the nexus 10. Enlighten me.

Thanks,
Wolf :D

bobbdobbs

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Why bother you have decided the ipad is better. Any arguments and reasons are futile since your mind is made up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

wolfbite69

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Well to be honest my mind isn?t completely made up. So far I think the ipad is better, but I am still up for arguments. At this moment I feel like I am going to go with the ipad, but who knows maybe I didn?t know something about the nexus 10 that will make me want it. I really want reasons why the ipad is bad and the nexus is good, because so I have only found few to none. Oh, and thanks for the reply it is much appreciated.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm throwing this over to the Nexus 10 forum, those guys should be able to give more specific advice. Personally, I love my Nexus 10. :) I really enjoy using large tablets (i.e. displays larger than 7") in landscape rather than portrait, and I also prefer the aspect ratio of the N10 over that of the iPad. There are a few threads here in the Nexus 10 forum already about the issue, if I were you I would take a few minutes to read through and see others' thoughts.

Here are a couple to get started:

wolfbite69

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, and switching this post to the Nexus forum :) . I am starting to like the idea of owning a nexus 10 more, but im scared that there will be a lot of lag on apps and such. Does this lag happen frequently or at all with the nexus 10?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, and switching this post to the Nexus forum :) . I am starting to like the idea of owning a nexus 10 more, but im scared that there will be a lot of lag on apps and such. Does this lag happen frequently or at all with the nexus 10?

I have had no negative experiences with the Nexus 10's performance other than those that were the result of poorly-developed apps. Here's my advice: go into a retail store near you that has the Nexus 10 (Staples would be a good bet), and use the display model that they should have out. See if you like the look and feel.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you're talking about as far as lag; my Nexus 4 has no lag at all. People don't root to make their devices faster; they root to add more customization, even though unrooted Android still has more customization than jailbroken iOS.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is faster than the iPad 4, more powerful, has a better screen and all the benefits of Android over iOS. Also Android doesn't need optimized apps, they work just as good on a tablet as they do on a phone, and unless you get a defective unit there's absolutely no lag on the Nexus 10 no matter how much you push it. (At least that's the case with mine and others on here.)

Posted via Android Central App

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
There is no indication that Google will be releasing a new one any time soon. Only the Nexus 7 is currently expected to be updated. I'm waiting for that to order for my wife, but I just ordered the Nexus 10 last week and am waiting for it to be delivered.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've said it before I will say it again. Which ecosystem is your phone a part of? If it is apple and you are NOT planning on making a switch then stay with the ipad. If it is Android then stay with Android.

If you have neither then My advice is to Go Android. If you wil lbe needing a stylus buy the Note , if you don't buy the Nexus.

IF the next Nexus 10 is released it won't be released until the Fall. That could be Early, Middle or late Fall. Only you can determine how soon you need a tablet and it it is worth the wait on a device that hasnt been announced.

mackevinnyc

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a N10. I already have a N7, but want the extra screen real estate. I know I'll be disappointed in not having the latest and greatest if something is released in the fall but that's months away. Tell me I'm being a baby! LOL

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I've got an iPad 1, which I enjoyed until 5.x ruined it. If I go with another tablet, it probably will be a Nexus, although I'm on the fence about whether to get the 10 or wait for whatever replaces it. Part of the reason why I'm considering the Nexus is because of positive experiences with the Nexus 4. I also tried the N10 in the store today and liked what I saw in terms of form factor and screen resolution. I didn't realize that the back is rubbery. That's a nice touch, especially compared to the slippery N4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles