Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Any cases, keyboards, or keyboard-cases stand out among the rest?

I was referring to the Moko a ultra slim light weight smart shell. It was a huge disappointment.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,213 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrocadileUT View Post
    I was referring to the Moko a ultra slim light weight smart shell. It was a huge disappointment.
    That is what I have, and the only thing that is disappointing about it to me is the flap delaminating (which I permanently fixed with the sewing machine... why didn't THEY stitch around the edge like I did??)
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Just returned my Moko Slimfit Carbon. Waiting for the arrival of a Snugg Leather.

I know I brought it up already, but does anyone have a case that has helped with their bottom-corner light bleeding?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Just got my Snugg white leather. Bulkier, yeah, but so far I really like it. I'll wait longer to really form a full opinion.

Update: One week in. So far, I still really like it. Not too bulky, wakes/sleeps consistently and accurately, the stand is nice, and it's snug enough on my N10 that it actually helps with the minor light bleed this latest unit has. I think the velcro flap that rests under tablet, pushing it slightly forward, as the leather frame pushes against the outer edges is what does it.
    Last edited by Anoles; 07-09-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Just got my Trax case, and I really like this thing. It is the bulkier, "folio" type of case, but it is thinner than a similar case on my iPad. The construction is of very high quality and provides protection at each corner. It has the magnetic "Off/On"closure feature. All of the controls are easily accessible through the openings. It's a very thin "folio" type, and I am very happy with this case.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Yet another update: My white Snugg pleather case is officially decommissioned. White was a bad idea, in retrospect. In less than 2 months it was noticeably dirty, and some ink stains I somehow got on the inside were impossible to remove. I also found out the hard way that these things have cardboard skeletons. I got it wet (sans tablet) and it never fully recovered. The wet regions are blue and slightly warped. They even still feel soft/soggy to the touch.

I have a black Snugg as a backup, so it's in use for the moment. If it goes bad too soon, I may try the Trax that Air Pirate mentioned. It has the same folio frame as the Snugg, but it has a ton of viewing angles. The Snugg basically only has 2.
    Last edited by Anoles; 12-12-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikG 2.56/Freedom 0.9

I'm looking for a case for my N10 as well. I was sold on the Moko Ultra Slim lightweight smart-shell stand case as I like the sleekness and the ability to act as a stand at different angles. The one drawback is the fact that the POGO connector is not available when the case is closed. Therefore I can't charge it unless the cover is open. The poetic one seems to fit inside extremely tight and the build quality looks to suffer as well.

Can I not find a slim, sleek case that acts as a stand with the POGO connector available when closed?

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ROM
    MikG 2.56/Freedom 0.9

BTW I just receiced my Moko Ultra Slim lightweight smart-shell stand case last week and can confirm that there IS an opening below to charge via POGO when the case is closed. They must have recently introduced this which makes this case an absolute must-have for the price.

I love my Devicewear Trax leather case. I got it on Amazon for $26.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any cases, keyboards, or keyboard-cases stand out among the rest?-uploadfromtaptalk1378822389897.jpg  

Global Posts
    648 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    That is what I have, and the only thing that is disappointing about it to me is the flap delaminating (which I permanently fixed with the sewing machine... why didn't THEY stitch around the edge like I did??)
    I got this case about a month ago after reading some decent reviews. Hope it doesn't fall apart on me... seems to be good right now. I actually really like the case (Moko Ultra Slim).

For months I was debating what case I should get for my Nexus 10. I initially bought a Finite case; very useful but very bland, generic. I recently decided to purchase the official book cover from the Play Store, in Scarlett. Let me tell you something, you won't find a sleeker, sexier case. Sure, it's not as beefy or rugged as some others, and doesn't have a stylus loop (honestly you can just mod with one if you want), but it keeps your tablet plenty safe. After buying this case, people I know are asking if I bought another tablet. I am SO happy I finally purchased it. Other cases just can't do your Nexus 10 justice like the official Book Cover. The natural back of the Nexus 10 is perfectly grippy for you to hold and the book cover attachment curves perfectly for your fingers.
    I highly recommend you give it a try. Don't buy something that hides your beautiful tablet.
    Any cases, keyboards, or keyboard-cases stand out among the rest?-bookcover.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SLiCkMASTER View Post
    For months I was debating what case I should get for my Nexus 10. I initially bought a Finite case; very useful but very bland, generic. I recently decided to purchase the official book cover from the Play Store, in Scarlett. Let me tell you something, you won't find a sleeker, sexier case. Sure, it's not as beefy or rugged as some others, and doesn't have a stylus loop (honestly you can just mod with one if you want), but it keeps your tablet plenty safe. After buying this case, people I know are asking if I bought another tablet. I am SO happy I finally purchased it. Other cases just can't do your Nexus 10 justice like the official Book Cover. The natural back of the Nexus 10 is perfectly grippy for you to hold and the book cover attachment curves perfectly for your fingers.
    I highly recommend you give it a try. Don't buy something that hides your beautiful tablet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BookCover.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	535.9 KB 
ID:	80340
    I've had the Poetic Slimline for almost a month now, and part of the frame broke around the power and volume buttons, so I'm starting to look for a replacement. I'm very intrigued by the official book cover, since it's official and very slim and all that, my only question is how good is it for propping up the tablet? I like having the ability to prop the tablet up on the tablet to read articles or watch Netflix while I eat, or to just browse the internet. Is that possible with the book cover?

Propping is a balancing act as it is not really a feature. I can prop mine up on surfaces that are not slippery but only at a limit angle before it just slides down.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12