Any cases, keyboards, or keyboard-cases stand out among the rest?

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
One thing about Android and Win tablets, unlike iPads, you can't just walk into any store and find the 40ft "Just for Android" aisle of cases. I'd like a case, obviously that is protective, but that isn't overbearingly thick. I don't mind necessary padding, but it's a bit much once it's bordering on an old-school First Gear Binder. As a plus, something that can hold a bluetooth keyboard would be ideal. I hear a lot of good things about the MoKo cases, but how can they handle a keyboard? Ultimately, if the best case can't, I'll just double it with a messenger bag or laptop case.

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Just stay away from the screen cover that is sold in the Google Play store. I returned that one after one week, yet the refund took about five weeks to get to me. I hope I never have a warranty claim for my Nexus 10. As for the cover I ended up with, it's the http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009W5YQ86...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2859545 Blurex Ultra Slim case and I'm quite happy with it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Looks nice. I'm also hearing a lot of good things about the Poetic SLIMLINE. I was somewhat torn between that and the MoKo, but I may be adding your suggestion to my list. Thanks!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the poetic slimline for months until the Offical Book cover came out. I liked the slimline as it provided additional protection and honestly makes for a better stand [ the book cover slips on smooth surfaces like a Break room lunch table]. I delt with the fact the case made the buttons a little difficult to reach.

Once I got the book cover and pried my Nexus back out of the slimline [ the slimline is a VERY tight fit] I was amazed at how light and slim the tablet became with out the bulky slimline on it. Since I switched to the book cover the slimline has been collecting dust.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for my fourth and fifth case to arrive -- the Moko slim-fit genuine leather and the official cover. The first Moko slim-fit I got was made of appallingly crappy leatherette but the fit was decent. The second was an i-Blason which had no hole for the POGO port. The third was the Poetic hardback, and I agree -- the Poetic fit is excruciatingly tight.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the poetic slimline for months until the Offical Book cover came out. I liked the slimline as it provided additional protection and honestly makes for a better stand [ the book cover slips on smooth surfaces like a Break room lunch table]. I delt with the fact the case made the buttons a little difficult to reach.

Once I got the book cover and pried my Nexus back out of the slimline [ the slimline is a VERY tight fit] I was amazed at how light and slim the tablet became with out the bulky slimline on it. Since I switched to the book cover the slimline has been collecting dust.

+1 on this front

Posted via Android Central App

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Went with the Moko slim-fit carbon. It's nice, but I'd like some options to try out. I have a new unit, finally one with super minimal light bleeding, but I've heard some of the "tighter" cases have actually helped to reduce bleed over time, however minimal. What do you think of this and the Poetic Slimline? Do any cases grip the four corners and slightly tug them downward (when the screen is facing up)?

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Went with the Moko slim-fit carbon. It's nice, but I'd like some options to try out. I have a new unit, finally one with super minimal light bleeding, but I've heard some of the "tighter" cases have actually helped to reduce bleed over time, however minimal. What do you think of this and the Poetic Slimline? Do any cases grip the four corners and slightly tug them downward (when the screen is facing up)?

Hmmm this leave me wondering if perhaps constantly removing tablets from the tighter fitting cases could lead to light bleed

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Do you do anything to protect the back of the device now that you don't have the Poetic on?

twilite2000

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had the MoKo Ultra Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet by Samsung, RED (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep) which fell apart. Now I'm using the Bear Motion (TM) 100% Genuine Cowhide Case Cover with Stand for Google Nexus 10 inch tablet - MP - Hot Pink (Support Auto Wake/Sleep Function). Hate it. The volume and on/off buttons are extremely difficult to get to. It's awkward to hold and quite bulky. Once again I'll be looking for a replacement. Why is it so hard to found good quality products for my Nexus 10.

roadrat

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
tried many. dont like any of them. may just have to splurge on the Portenza. in the meantime, its naked. home use only however.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you do anything to protect the back of the device now that you don't have the Poetic on?

Nope. I just try to be careful with it. My two kids use it [elementary age] and I remind them to be careful with it and use both hands if they are carrying it from one palce to another. I suspect the screen is more fragile than the back is.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I just try to be careful with it. My two kids use it [elementary age] and I remind them to be careful with it and use both hands if they are carrying it from one palce to another. I suspect the screen is more fragile than the back is.

Yeah, I've got a 10 year old (and an 8 month old - but she doesn't get to play with stuff like that) so I was curious. I do have an Amazon pouch that it fits in, so that's where it sits most of the time. Just wondering if you had had any issues with it. I think the book cover is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the response!

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Inside of the Moko case:

g8jn.jpg
n8wz.jpg

My only complaint, which can be seen in the bottom photo, is that the tablet doesn't quit rest evenly when propped back. No biggie.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks nice. I'm also hearing a lot of good things about the Poetic SLIMLINE. I was somewhat torn between that and the MoKo, but I may be adding your suggestion to my list. Thanks!

+1 for the poetic case, I've used mine since I picked up my N10 in December of last year and it still looks as good as it did the day I opened it.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My only complaint, which can be seen in the bottom photo, is that the tablet doesn't quit rest evenly when propped back. No biggie.

The complaint I have from the bottom photo is that you seem to think Man of Steel is a good movie. :p

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
That worries me, too. I'll be sticking with my Moko for the time being.

...and scratch that. Though I cannot say for certain that it is attributable to my Moko case, a sharp increase in the size and apparent brightness of my screen's light bleeding has occurred in the bottom-left corner. It's been in the case for a whole week, and the bleed has seemingly worsened. Someone at work even noticed without my mentioning it. Already debating whether or not to return yet another unit. If I do, I'm either giving up on tablets for now or I'm going with another make. The 7 looks very nice, but it seems like such a downgrade.

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Taking into account what I said above, what is the common opinion regarding cases that don't grip the corners, like this one:

41L3pU5YTOL._SX385_.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci