Nexus 10 Issues: Do I exchange, return, or hope for a fix?

Arialis

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Nexus 10 for a grand total of a week. Right out of the box I had 4 major issues.

1. The tablet turns off when I unplug it, no matter how much battery is left. It doesn't indicate low battery, just turns off.
2. The power/sleep button barely responds. To wake the tablet up I often have to press the button 2-5 times. However it will always go to sleep after just 1 button press.
3. Every time I wake the tablet I have to reconnect to the wifi. Once it's on the network it stays on... until the tablet goes to sleep. It seems to happen 100% of the time if it goes to sleep due to inactivity, but only sometimes if I put it to sleep myself. This may have a time associated with it. I have a tendency to "sleep" my tablet if I put it down for even a few minutes but the inactivity sleep is set on 30 minutes.
4. Links in both Firefox and Chrome take a long time to register that I've "clicked" them. Other apps seem slow to respond to touch as well.

I really wanted to like this tablet, and picked it out after much thought and research, but I can't handle all these issues. So, do I assume I got a bad egg and exchange? Do I return it and buy a different tablet? Or just deal with it and hope for an eventual software update (which I don't want to really do)

Thanks for the help!

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Nexus 10 for a grand total of a week. Right out of the box I had 4 major issues.

1. The tablet turns off when I unplug it, no matter how much battery is left. It doesn't indicate low battery, just turns off.
2. The power/sleep button barely responds. To wake the tablet up I often have to press the button 2-5 times. However it will always go to sleep after just 1 button press.
3. Every time I wake the tablet I have to reconnect to the wifi. Once it's on the network it stays on... until the tablet goes to sleep. It seems to happen 100% of the time if it goes to sleep due to inactivity, but only sometimes if I put it to sleep myself. This may have a time associated with it. I have a tendency to "sleep" my tablet if I put it down for even a few minutes but the inactivity sleep is set on 30 minutes.
4. Links in both Firefox and Chrome take a long time to register that I've "clicked" them. Other apps seem slow to respond to touch as well.

I really wanted to like this tablet, and picked it out after much thought and research, but I can't handle all these issues. So, do I assume I got a bad egg and exchange? Do I return it and buy a different tablet? Or just deal with it and hope for an eventual software update (which I don't want to really do)

Thanks for the help!

#1 sounds like a hardware problem, but could be a software issue.

Based on the number of issues you mentioned, I think the best thing you can do is get it replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Based on other commets I've read here it seems like Google has people do a factory reset for battery issues.

Other things to check: Settings>Display>Sleep make sure your tablet stays "awake" for more than 15 seconds

Settings>Wifi>Menu[3 dots int he right corner]>Advanced>Keep Wi-Fi on During Sleep

4. Links in both Firefox and Chrome take a long time to register that I've "clicked" them. Other apps seem slow to respond to touch as well

There are some developer options that could help with this but I've already unlocked mine and cant recall how I did so. the option is in the developer options under Input I think. Another thing to try is make sure you have zoomed on the link. Sometimes where we think we are touching isnt the spot that registers.

Arialis

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the recommendations. I'll try those tonight and if they don't work, back it goes. I hate the idea of doing a factory reset; I don't have much installed yet but I'd like to keep what I have! However what must me done shall be done. I'll report back on my success/failure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol