What is this Black thing at the bottom of our Nexus 10?

AimeePumarada

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
be64hi.jpg

I accidentally touched the black thing which said dont touch. now it wont open :'(
Im freaking out. at first it was just the battery now it wont open because of that :'(

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
http://i40.tinypic.com/be64hi.jpg

I accidentally touched the black thing which said dont touch. now it wont open :'(
Im freaking out. at first it was just the battery now it wont open because of that :'(

you have another thread about the battery being bad, did you open the tablet and try to repair it? If that is the case you probably voided your warranty but I would contact Google.

AimeePumarada

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
look at the picture. theres a black thing that covers the whole length of the bottom part of the tablet..it says dont touch .but i accidentally touched it. as in pressed..now it wont open or charge

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
look at the picture. theres a black thing that covers the whole length of the bottom part of the tablet..it says dont touch .but i accidentally touched it. as in pressed..now it wont open or charge

You did not answer the question here or the questions in the other thread.

DID YOU OPEN YOUR TABLET?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "OPEN"?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You did not answer the question here or the questions in the other thread.

DID YOU OPEN YOUR TABLET?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "OPEN"?

With the attached image in the OP, its best to assume she disassembled her Nexus 10.

Also, by "it wouldn't open", she probably meant that the tablet wouldn't turn on after touching the "black area", since she stated that the battery wasn't the problem in the equation.

ibmnasa69

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If you opened the tablet, you have probably voided any warranty that may be in effect. The owner's manual on page 3 states "The Nexus 10?s battery can?t be removed. Don?t attempt to open the tablet.".

From the nature of your posts It appears that you are not an experienced electronics technician / handyperson. With all due respect, you come across as not knowing what you are doing, and in your efforts to repair it yourself have probably made things worse. I suggest that you do as others have already said, and call Google before doing any more damage.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I have to admit, that was funny. And what was she doing ripping apart a $500 piece of technology with no apparent experience?
She has another post about the battery and she stated on that post she did not get the device through normal means which I guess means no warranty and/or blacklisted? The questions I think was ask or a statement by others. I am really not even convinced either of the posts are legit. She did come back and tell me I was rude but she ask where she could buy a battery and I gave her a link to where she could get that on Ebay for $20.00, but I have not seen her back since then. Don't really know what the whole thing is about but I really think the device was blacklisted/stolen. Just a feeling I get about this. Could be wrong.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
She has another post about the battery and she stated on that post she did not get the device through normal means which I guess means no warranty and/or blacklisted? The questions I think was ask or a statement by others. I am really not even convinced either of the posts are legit. She did come back and tell me I was rude but she ask where she could buy a battery and I gave her a link to where she could get that on Ebay for $20.00, but I have not seen her back since then. Don't really know what the whole thing is about but I really think the device was blacklisted/stolen. Just a feeling I get about this. Could be wrong.

Either that or she could be another poster [who also doesn't answer questions or respond to advice] posing as a new account to see if a 'girl' would get a different response.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Either that or she could be another poster [who also doesn't answer questions or respond to advice] posing as a new account to see if a 'girl' would get a different response.

I also thought this at first when I saw it was a new account and then when I searched the web for a battery I saw the same picture of the battery at the link on ebay I gave her to buy a battery. She did get back to me to tell me I was rude but I don't think she has been back since that to answer anything she was ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol