Lighting fade on top of screen

Transtang z28

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. I could've sworn I saw a thread on this somewhere but can't find it anymore. My n10 has always had a darker border on the top edge of the screen, top as in landscape mode top or right edge when in portrait. It's not normally noticeable unless you have something white on screen. For me I read pdfs or Google books so I can see it. It's almost like a faded gray that comes out maybe 1/8th inch from the frame. Is this common? It's still a distinguishable difference with brightness up or down. Just curious.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Anoles

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have gone through a handful of N10s trying to get one without backlight bleeding. I have finally settled on one with the least offensive bleed, and now today I noticed this on mine, too. In portrait, while reading e-books, I noticed the sides had a very faint gray to them. It's almost like an "inner shadow" in Photoshop. Very faint, but noticeable. It's on both sides evenly and very symmetrically, so it seems to be a minor design flaw in the display technology. Given how even and symmetrical it is, I'd gladly accept it over uneven light bleeding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol