Annoying brightness changes

Frank999

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 10 a couple days ago and overall am very pleased with it. However, one thing I find very annoying is that the brightness of the screen will change after several seconds. That is one moment it will get very bright, then after awhile get much dimmer and back and forth. It's important to note that this only occurs when the setting is on auto brightness. When I set the brightness manually, the brightness stays constant.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
That's because it uses the front facing camera or the screen (i dont know) to see the outside brightness and adjust the screen. You can see if you face your tablet to a bright window and move it down to a shadowed wall.

Morecoffee

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
If you have the tablet oriented with the camera on the side closest to you, depending on how close it is the ambient light can very... the tablet will keep adjusting the screen brightness. For instance, if it rests against your shirt and partially covers the camera lens... the screen will go dim.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Samsung's auto brightness is horrible. I don't know why. Even BlackBerry did it much better on their old crap legacy phones. I never use auto brightness on either my Nexus 10 or Note 2, although it's a bit better on the Nexus 10. It's usually either too bright or too dark for the given situation.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
If it bothers you significantly you can sitch off and go with a preset brightness of your own.

Settings>Display> Brightness > Uncheck Automatic brightness

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I've made the same observation. It is much more sensitive than my Galaxy Nexus phone. I have not decided yet whether it bothers me enough to turn it off.....